By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forget who won E3, what shocked/surprised you the most?

Well, FFXIV, seriously, my jaw dropped, then I saw the online thing >_>

2nd place to MGS Rising on 360, even though I knew it would happen, I was expecting it

^_^

Around the Network

1: Metroid

2: FFXIV thinking it was FFXIIIVS but see it wasn't and got all exited until the end were it said online then it turned into a Meh...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Skeeuk said:
lol at ppl playing down ff14 online, if that had been wii or 360 only. they would be celebrating.

ah no, i could care less what its on. and if they don't bring to PC they are utterly retarded.  but i'm not gonna get it, mmo's just piss me off.  played enough in my life to just pass them by

Skeeuk said:
lol at ppl playing down ff14 online, if that had been wii or 360 only. they would be celebrating.

I think judging by this thread people aren't downplaying it if it's the thing that still lingers in their mind after the conference.

Like I said before, no doubt a smart business move by Sony, The fact that it's a Final Fantasy makes it huge (I mean, look at the reaction to the crystal chronicles games on the gamecube, it was pretty big and the Wii game is still quite big despite them usually being deemed to be less than the main series). I'm just worried about sustainability (and viability to be honest) at this point in time.

Then again, it's at least a year away, we don't know what the gaming landscape will be like at that point.

Just because you all don't like MMO's or don't enjoy FFXI doesn't mean you have to down play on it. For some people this is a MEGATON!

Around the Network

Can anyone honestly say it wasn't the revelation that Team Ninja was working on a Metroid game? Thats way up there in my unexpected-o-meter. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt a "mega-ton", but really,really shocking

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Golden Sun DS was the best surprise for me. I am still ecstatic over the announcement.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

2 major Mario games announced at the same time. We knew there was probably going to be 1 Mario, but not 2.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

So wait, I check out Ign's site again...So Kingdom Heart's Wii is r-re-real?!

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Final Fantasy XIV
Metal Gear Solid Risin
Halo Reach
2 Mario games
New Metroid game by Team Ninja