By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why FF14 is the BIGGEST announcement of E3........

Would be cool if 360 owners can play FF13, and i'm sure they will be able to. But I will definitely be buying my copy for my PS3!

Around the Network
Million said:
mrstickball said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

FFXI sold under 2m units globally, correct? Why is this in the same territory as the other announced exclusives from Nintendo and MS that are far larger?

mrstickball I hope your not basing that on incompletle Vgchartz numbers . I hope your keeping in mind the difficulty , no the impossibility that the average person faced when trying to get online and the mandatory need for a PS2 hard drive yet it still sold , I hope your keeping in mind the size of the MMO market then in relation to it's size now.  But you already know that don't you ?

Let us not forget either that the game was unable to run on any PS2 other than the Fat PS2.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

badgenome said:
Domicinator said:
What I'm surprised by is this:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/03/square-enix-considering-all-hardware-possibilities-for-final-f/

Square-Enix just shot themselves in the foot... again!

Or they're at least drawing a bead.

I keep saying that Megaton was really a dud. It started fizzling when they said online and now we find out it may be on the Xbox 360 anyway. I can't wait to see what damage control says now. Anyone have some popcorn?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

It's not exclusive to PS3. It's also on PC.

Then almost every single Xbox 360 exclusive is not exclusive then, because it's on the PC!

Around the Network

Square-Enix's VP at the FF14 event said they are considering "all options" for FF14 including Microsoft platforms. Sounds like Tretton was overstating the exclusivity at the Sony event either that or there is some kind of communication problem between SCEA and S-E. 

Zezlar said:
Then almost every single Xbox 360 exclusive is not exclusive then, because it's on the PC!

And? I think that's a marvelous idea. I'm a PC/Wii owner.

xbebop said:
Zezlar said:

And? I think that's a marvelous idea. I'm a PC/Wii owner.

Back when I was exclusively a PC gamer, I was always thankful for the 360--it spawned all kinds of good titles for the PC.  What sucked is that I had to keep upgrading my video card to be able to play them hassle free.

GooseGaws said:
BMaker11 said:
GooseGaws said:
BMaker11 said:
Dgc1808 said:
People don't sem to be impressed.

Damage control. They all thought 3rd party exclusives were dead, especially with Sony. But Agent and MG: PW were announced, and now a freaking Final Fantasy is exclusive also. They only try to compare it to FFXI because it psuedo failed, and only relatively considering the PS2 wasn't an online system. PS3 is an online heavy system and this is Final Fantasy

You can go on imagining that the FF name alone will sell this game; it doesn't make it true.

Halo Wars. You can go on imagining that the Halo name alone would sell that game (and far better than BETTER reviewed console RTS's), but it doesn't maker it true......oh wait

If you're going to tell me that the game worthy of the "biggest announcement award" shouldn't expect to outsell Halo Wars, a title that will struggle to reach 1.5 million, you should probably re-adjust your thought pattern.  I'm also going to go out on a limb and guess that you haven't even played Halo Wars, which is a pretty solid game.

You see....I DO think I will outsell Halo Wars. Pretty handidly too. You just tried to downplay name recognition (because it's different than what the staple games are) as a reason why this game won't succeed, which is why I brought up Halo Wars. A console RTS that miraculously sold way better than any console RTS ever, and better than a lot of blockbuster games as well (like Ninja Gaiden 2). Don't you think the name had something to do with it?

And yes, I HAVE played Halo Wars. I didn't buy it, but I live in a fraternity (none of that "I went over a friend's house and played it" crap) and I went with a brother to pick it up on launch day, and pulled an all nighter. It's nothing better than Civilization Revolution or Red Alert 3.....yet it outsold those games like 2 or 3 times over

it's an MMO making it immediately not interesting