By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why FF14 is the BIGGEST announcement of E3........

Its an online final fantasy game. FFXI sucked majorly, and I will not be purchasing another FF MMO.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Its an online final fantasy game. FFXI sucked majorly, and I will not be purchasing another FF MMO.

boo you too! FFXI was/is the greatest MMO ever, until FFXIV :D

I own a PS3 and I don't feel like this is that big of a deal. Probably because I played FFXI and know it isn't the mind-blowing experience some people are making FFXIV out to be. It was a solid game, but didn't stack up to the single player entries.

And I don't think this is a case of Sony haters downplaying the announcement. It's more along the lines of Sony lovers overplaying it. I doubt most of the people hyping this will even end up playing it.

ssj12 said:
FJ-Warez said:
A rushed MMO, thats what I think...

no, there has been rumors about a new MMO from Square for a LONG while.

Rumors says nothing about dev time and budget, and based on the estimated release date, sounds more like a move to counter FFXIII on the 360 rather than a real FFXIV...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
ssj12 said:
FJ-Warez said:
A rushed MMO, thats what I think...

no, there has been rumors about a new MMO from Square for a LONG while.

Rumors says nothing about dev time and budget, and based on the estimated release date, sounds more like a move to counter FFXIII on the 360 rather than a real FFXIV...

no FFXIV's code name was Rapture. Its been known about since the second FFXI expansion pack.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I'm more surprised they announced FFXIV before FFXIII has arrived. For me, it lost some luster when going online. But it's still a big console exclusive. The question is, how much will it cost per month? I'm used to not paying for any online gaming for PS3 ...

The significance of the Final Fantasy brand and JRPGs in general is diminishing so its hard to call this big news.

Dolla Dolla said:
I'm more surprised they announced FFXIV before FFXIII has arrived. For me, it lost some luster when going online. But it's still a big console exclusive. The question is, how much will it cost per month? I'm used to not paying for any online gaming for PS3 ...

why are you surprised when they announced FF10 before FF9 came out AAAAAAND FF 13 before FF12 came out

its nothing new for them

What I'm surprised by is this:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/03/square-enix-considering-all-hardware-possibilities-for-final-f/

Domicinator said:
What I'm surprised by is this:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/03/square-enix-considering-all-hardware-possibilities-for-final-f/

Square-Enix just shot themselves in the foot... again!

Or they're at least drawing a bead.