By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 14 Exclusive PS3!!!

Please go ahead and give reasons why this announcement won E3 for Sony. Like I said in another thread, the MMO final fantasy's, don't match the sales or critic standpoints that games like Mario, Metroid, or Halo that were announced have. The single player ones yes, but not the MMO ones.

Around the Network

I think its huge. Besides that, all these people referencing FFXI are assuming what, that FFIV is going to be essentially a clone with better graphics? Who knows what direction SE will take this new game in. Maybe they have an entirely new MMO formula in mind... something no one has thought of yet. It might revolutionize MMOs as we know it.

I say wait and see until new information is released. Passing judgement on this potentially huge title before anything is even known about it just smells like Sony hate to me.

Carl2291 said:
Amazing how many Wii Owners and 360 owners are downplaying it

Face it... not matter WHAT Final Fantasy it is, its big. Especially if its in the main series.

So how big was FFXI ?

I'll give you a little tip. Not as big as the other FF games.

Nobody here is downplaying anything. It's just that there are at least 25 games on E3 which are more anticipated than that Online FF game.

do I have to pay to play???

If so, screw it.

4 ≈ One

@ perpride

I see a bunch of people dissapointed that this is an online game. I see no damage control. I bet that these same people felt the same way after the announcement of Final Fantasy XI. It has nothing to do with any paranoid anti-PS3 fantasy that you might think it is.

EDIT: My response has nothing to do with the quality of FFXIV. I am not downplaying the announcement. It is merely a direct response to perpride's accusation of some sort of anti-PS3 bias preventing as being the reason why so many are dissapointed.

Around the Network

There really is no need to troll this, MMORPG or not it is a very big announcement looking at how FF 11 did. We have not seen gameplay and alot I assume has been learnt.

This game will be good and it is a very big announcement.

I will be buying first day. I love FF11 and I sure as hell can't wait for this.

I'm not 100% convinced it's a true exclusive, did no one else notice his very carefully constructed sentence? He introduced it differently than the other PS3 exclusives, he said "it will be available exclusively on the PS3 when it launches in 2010". You could also say "Final Fantasy XIII will be available exclusively on the PS3 when it launches in 2009". It WILL be, in Japan, that doesn't mean it's not coming to the 360 in 2010.

I love also how people are claiming this is damage control. Far from it! If you played FFIX (which I did and still have and which I refuse to pay the monthly fee) it is no different from the rest of them! What makes FF so great is the incredible story line, falling in love with their characters for their personalities, and the fact that you become part of the story.

In this Final Fantasy you will be player number 11839916 (that is if it even sells that many lol), you will be trying to get equipment that only those that farm 24/7 will get, you will be playing a fee on top of that, and your character is non-essential since the world keeps going without you. Now tell me how is a traditional FF not better than FF Online??

What are you looking at, nerd?

Online or not, the PS3 will have 3 FF games on it possible by the end of 2010 (highly likely in Japan). PS3 is the console for FF fans and theres no two ways about it.