By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 14 Exclusive PS3!!!

No it is not. It's coming to the PC meaning those who don't have a PS3 can still play it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
perpride said:
shio said:
twesterm said:
shio said:
Last I heard FF14 isn't exclsuive. So why are mods letting this charade continue in this thread?

And for people bashing the game because it's MMO, the truth is FF11 is easily the most successful Final fantasy game ever.

Weren't you the one that called Braid a 2009 exclusive for the PC?

And wasn't Braid called a "console exclusive" by some people? Or even "timed excusive"? I don't see how "2009 exclusive" is any worse.

um....cuz....the consoles that got it in 2008 still have it in 2009? WTF does 2009 exclusive mean if everyone else already has the damn game?

It doesn't matter. Change it to "2009 exclusive release", which would make perfect sense (If Braid wasn't coming to Linux), or "PC exclusive", or whatever else. Everything is ridiculous when PC is a bigger competition for X360 than PS3. X360 owners are more likely to have a PC that plays Braid than own a PS3.

Do you know how silly does it sound to say that Halo 2 is a "PC exclusive"?

I don't understand why this is exclusive. MMo's live and die by thier userbase they should be putting it on just about anything under the sun. FF13 i could understand as an exclusive this not so much.

shio said:
twesterm said:
shio said:
Last I heard FF14 isn't exclsuive. So why are mods letting this charade continue in this thread?

And for people bashing the game because it's MMO, the truth is FF11 is easily the most successful Final fantasy game ever.

Weren't you the one that called Braid a 2009 exclusive for the PC?

And wasn't Braid called a "console exclusive" by some people? Or even "timed excusive"? I don't see how "2009 exclusive" is any worse.

I'm just saying, right or wrong, that you're complaining about silly classifications yet you make them yourself.

It may not end up being exclusive by ANY definition:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/03/square-enix-considering-all-hardware-possibilities-for-final-f/

Around the Network
Domicinator said:
It may not end up being exclusive by ANY definition:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/03/square-enix-considering-all-hardware-possibilities-for-final-f/

I said this yesterday and no one responded.  The "exclusive" statement made at the Sony conference was very carefully worded.  It's looking more likely that it's only a timed PS3 exclusive.   Just like Lost Planet 2 was only announced for the 360 but that will also be coming to the PS3, just not when it launches.  Remember, his statement was "it will be exclusively available on the PS3 when it launches"....that doesn't mean it will STAY exclusive.

Here's a little more info from Shinji Hashimoto the Square Enix senior vice president"

"Some folks interpreted the announcement as being an exclusive, but we wanted to make sure that the announcement was that the game is coming to the PS3 and PC, and in terms of Microsoft products and all other hardware we are considering all options at this time," he said, according to Gamasutra.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=216878