By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 14 Exclusive PS3!!!

hey, this is also on PC...so it's a console exclusive

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
waron said:
it's a pc game as well FAIL

why? are the 360/PC games like Alan Wake, Halo, Gears of War, and many others failures too because they are on PC?

There will be some people who won't be able to play this on their PCs. This is why the PS3 version will cover that issue. There are wireless keyboards and mice that support the PS3 so its all good for MMO gamers to play it on the PS3.

until now for every ps3 owner pc360 games weren't exclusive for 360 so why now pc/ps3 games are exclusive for ps3?

not to mention that it's a fact that every ps3 owner have uber pc to play 360 semi exclusive game on max details and highest possible resolution so they dodn't need 360.

besides
 it's just MMO game who gives a fuck about MMO FF games aside from crazy South Korea guys that spends all their life in mmo titles?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
I'm not really that amped for another Final Fantasy MMO to tell you the truth. If I wanted that I'll play WOW.

WOW is dull as heck now... why would you not want to play an MMO that isn't a WOW clone and completely different in gameplay mechanics?

This is what I hate about console gamers viewing MMOs. They all think MMO games are a singular style of game. Well let me tell you something. There are various types of gameplay mechanics that each game uses that is vastly different then WOW.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

waron said:
ssj12 said:
waron said:
it's a pc game as well FAIL

why? are the 360/PC games like Alan Wake, Halo, Gears of War, and many others failures too because they are on PC?

There will be some people who won't be able to play this on their PCs. This is why the PS3 version will cover that issue. There are wireless keyboards and mice that support the PS3 so its all good for MMO gamers to play it on the PS3.

until now for every ps3 owner pc360 games weren't exclusive for 360 so why now pc/ps3 games are exclusive for ps3?

not to mention that it's a fact that every ps3 owner have uber pc to play 360 semi exclusive game on max details and highest possible resolution so they dodn't need 360.

besides
 it's just MMO game who gives a fuck about MMO FF games aside from crazy South Korea guys that spends all their life in mmo titles?

Me and a TON of other MMO fans. Thats who. So why don't you quietly leave this thread before I get banned for ripping you a new one.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

first off everyone needs to realize its an MMORPG, its just like FFXI.

now thats out of the way, im excited :D

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
perpride said:
Onyxmeth said:
Rei said:
Onyxmeth said:
perpride said:
wow I have never seen this many people pissed off with a huge announcement like this. I haven't stopped jizzing for twenty minutes.

For many people FF XI was the black sheep of the franchise. Most people forget it even exists. They skip right from X to XII in conversations. It's natural most people were disappointed when hearing this is an MMO. When's the last time you saw someone really squeal over FF XI?

It's one of the more popular MMORPGs out there. More popular than Sony's own online offerings, for that matter.

You know what I mean when I say that. Sure it's a cool exclusive for MMO fans and some FF fans, but considering the feelings so many have for FF XI on this forum, it's natural this announcement was met with a great big fart noise.

See, that's just the thing. I completely disagree with you. Anytime anything is said that has "Final Fantasy" in it people go crazy over it. However, put "PS3 "exclusive" in there and everyone is hating on the game in moments. If FF14 was not online, and was a single player experience coming to PS3 exclusively, people would come into the thread bitching about how 13 has not dropped yet. You're right though, I'm going crazy over it cause I'm a FF fan.

Which is why I make the point: he said launching exclusively on PS3. I think he worded it is so because it will be timed. PC and 360 will get love.

You're a fairly regular poster here. I would have thought you'd be aware of a large opinion of FF XI which is that it was not very welcome as a title. Many people basically wished it never got numbered at all. That right there is where the hate comes in I believe. Knock that XIV off the title and 75% of the hate goes bye bye and gets replaced with just general "I don't want this".

Here, I'll give you a few examples. VGC's recent Top 100 games voted on by the community:

(I'm not sure about the placement of the top two because the 10-1 article isn't in the system anymore for some reason, but I think that was where they were placed)

#2-Final Fantasy VII
#7-Final Fantasy VI
#11-Final Fantasy X
#32-Final Fantasy IX
#33-Final Fantasy VIII
#66-Final Fantasy IV
#83-Final Fantasy XII

Now you tell me which Final Fantasy didn't make it onto the list out of the entire Playastation era of releases. I'll give you a hint. Only one didn't make it.

Look at it's gamepage for PS2. It only has 35 owners and only 3 wall posts total. Not exactly grabbing that FF attention is it? Go to it's 360 page also. Not much better. Go to it's PC page. Again not much better. Now go to other FF games and look at the amount of comments and attention they have. Totally different animals.

It's obvious that all Final Fantasy numbered titles are not treated equal. FF XI was basically discarded as non existant by a pretty significant portion of the FF fanbase. Or it just sucked. Take your pick. What's obvious and has been for a while is that FF XI was always ignored in Final Fantasy conversations and that stems for far longer than just the last few hours. PS3 hate this is not. This is legitimate hate towards making another numbered Final Fantasy an MMO and most of that hate would have remained even if this was named multiplatform. If we polled the site two days ago and asked them whether they wanted FF XIV to be an MMO, I'm sure the massive majority opinion would have been a "hell fuck no".

OK I see your point about the userbase of this website not liking the game. But tell me this: is the userbase of VGChartz representative of all gamers? A new Final Fantasy being announced as a (console) exclusive is a megaton. The fact that square made it a numbered entry into the franchise means that there is no fucking around to be had here. It's the real deal.

Online changing has beomce mainstream since FFXI. For its time, making XI a numbered entry into the series was a bold move. I think FFXIV will absolutley obliterate XI and sell quite a few copies. Obviousley it will not do FFVII numbers. The fact that XI didn't make our top 100 says enough though. It deffinitly explains why people in this thread are not pumped.

Atleast the logo looks neat.

I will keep an eye on this.. I just hated FFXI but hopefully they've become better..

Heavy damage control from some, but there is no denying this was a pleasant surprise for PS3 owners.

Last I heard FF14 isn't exclsuive. So why are mods letting this charade continue in this thread?

And for people bashing the game because it's MMO, the truth is FF11 is easily the most successful Final fantasy game ever.

wholikeswood said:
Heavy damage control from some, but there is no denying this was a pleasant surprise for PS3 owners.

surprise is an understatement. I could not belive what Tretton was saying. He eve made sure to re-iterate "that's right, Final Fantasy XIV".

HUGE announcement. Not a single person here can claim they predicted it.