By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 14 Exclusive PS3!!!

Isnt FFXI also coming out on PS3? If FFXIV is coming out as well so whats the point of FFXI to come out?

Around the Network

Ps3 getting 3 final fantasy games in 2010, should help them in japan alot.

V-r0cK said:
Isnt FFXI also coming out on PS3? If FFXIV is coming out as well so whats the point of FFXI to come out?

Is it? There would be no point...

shio said:
Last I heard FF14 isn't exclsuive. So why are mods letting this charade continue in this thread?

And for people bashing the game because it's MMO, the truth is FF11 is easily the most successful Final fantasy game ever.

Weren't you the one that called Braid a 2009 exclusive for the PC?

twesterm said:
shio said:
Last I heard FF14 isn't exclsuive. So why are mods letting this charade continue in this thread?

And for people bashing the game because it's MMO, the truth is FF11 is easily the most successful Final fantasy game ever.

Not to mention games like Mass Effect and Gears of War are frequently cited as 360's best exclusives.

Around the Network

@shio

FF11 the most successful final fantasy game ever.....oh my....lets just leave it at that

twesterm said:
shio said:

And wasn't Braid called a "console exclusive" by some people? Or even "timed excusive"? I don't see how "2009 exclusive" is any worse.

@shio

problem is your talking about a very niche group who have a very powerful gaming PC & a PS3

whyw ould anyone have both those things? doesn't make sense to me.

Also FF7 is the most successful Final Fantasy, so you basically ruined your whole credibility after saying FF11 is the most successful FF

shio said:
twesterm said:
shio said:

And wasn't Braid called a "console exclusive" by some people? Or even "timed excusive"? I don't see how "2009 exclusive" is any worse.

um....cuz....the consoles that got it in 2008 still have it in 2009? WTF does 2009 exclusive mean if everyone else already has the damn game?

AkibaFan said:
@shio

problem is your talking about a very niche group who have a very powerful gaming PC & a PS3

whyw ould anyone have both those things? doesn't make sense to me.

Also FF7 is the most successful Final Fantasy, so you basically ruined your whole credibility after saying FF11 is the most successful FF

It is far more likely for a X360 gamer to have a PC that plays Braid than him owning a PS3. So, tell me, since this is the case, then why even bother talking about "console exclusives" when less than 2% of X360 owners have a PS3?

And no, FFXI is easily the biggest money-maker for Square Enix. FFXI is currently the 4th or 5th biggest subscription MMO today and has had over 500k concurrent subscribers in the past 5 years. That's 500k people paying $15 every month for over 5 years. Then add the revenue made between 2002-2004 and the probable 3-4 millions of copies sold of the original game, plus the millions of expansions sold and you get at least $800 millions in revenue (and with a higher profit margin), or 32 millions of copies sold for the average PC game copy price ($25). FFXI is still selling and making money, where is FFVII?