By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CrashMan said:
Ugh, sony learned nothing from the PS3 launch

Nope. They did not. And its fucking hilarious.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

249 dollars? When does this end?

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

So... I can buy a PSP-3000 for something like $150 or so, or, for $100 more, I can get a PSP Go that has a smaller screen, can't play my 35+ UMD game collection, can't play the random UMD movies I have for some reason and frankly, looks more awkward to hold.

I love my PSP-2000 and all, but fail price is fail. I was hoping that this would reinvigorate PSP sales, instead Sony looks to be pulling another PS3 (price too high, not enough value). Blech.

And I was going to upgrade for Gran Turismo ... definitely not at that price. $249.00 ?? for essentially same hardware in more compact unit. You would think taking out all the UMD mechanism would help keep the price low. I was expecting $199 and drop the old PSP from 169 to 149.

The price is way to high... I guess the profit margin has to be massive... or they are serious over pushing the 3000 model for at least one more year as the leading PSP.

But then, even with the high price GT PSP will probably push out a million Gos alone ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Fail. Now who here said it would sell on par with the DSi?
(>'.')>

Just be glad they didn't introduce a slim PS3 for the low price of $599.

All kidding aside, its a sexy system but $50 too expensive imo.

They most likely did blow it pretty badly. The Go was already a tough sell, because of the lack of UMD drive. Not nearly as many people have experience with digital distribution, and I know many people are uncomfotable without having a physical copy.

Selling people on that just got a whole lot harder by charging so much for something that most people would see as less than the PSP-3000. Not only is it missing a UMD drive, but has a smaller screen. Ick.

While we won't know for sure until it actually goes on sale, this seems like a hardcore fail on Sony's part. Which sucks, because I really like the PSP and want more developmental interest in it. Ah well, at least there's several pretty good games coming up in the next 18 months.

Forget the price , this is the 3RD revision in 3 years!!!!!! Has sony learned nothing this gen?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

I rather spend $250 on a Wii.