By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Hahaha I really thought it'd be cheaper than the PSP3000. It's old tech by now, it's smaller and has no drive. I would totally get this for $100-130. Now maybe I'll try to get a used one for the new MGS and Persona. Maybe...

Around the Network

Pretty expensive. They should have priced it at $199 to compete against the 8GB iPod Touch or iPhone and not shelling another 100 bucks to get a 16GB iPod when u can get a PSP for only $199.

Missed oppurtunity for Sony....

Too high for a system that ain't have psychical games

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

I think Sony will make huge profit on each PSP Go, still, just because of its line-up, im buying one.

Well it's not like they are going to stop selling the PSP 3000. If someone has a price point of under $200 then they can get the PSP-3000. If they want the PSPgo then they will have to spend $250. For those that were thinking about upgrading to the PSPgo, It's a win-win for Sony. Either you pay the $250 price tag and they make money off that or you don't upgrade and you keep buying games for your older PSP model.
It's not like Sony has to drop the price of the Go to establish a user base. The user base is already there with the older PSP. The only group of people Sony potentially loses out on is people who didn't like the PSP enough to buy it but would be willing to buy the PSPgo if it was cheaper. And honestly I think Sony will make more money on the mark up then they would with the lost of sales from those people.

Around the Network

Chances are it will come with a major game and other downloads to help push PSN media consumption giving you more "value".

I'm really only disappointed that the screen is smaller and its not even touch for the media features. I think the people complaining about analog placement are crazy. This looks way better than how low and awkward it was before.

Yep. Sony failed again.

I would have waited a year, put out similar product w/ 2 sticks and touch screen for $200.

This way it would have been a far better product capable of attacking DS and iPod. Now, its just gonna fail. Well, it'll make money so fail is a hard word, but it definitely won't compete w/ DSi.

Is there any chance that Sony will change the price upon release? Or do you think they will stick to their guns on this?

I really want this...and I've never been interested in a handheld ever but now I can't decide between going for a psp 3000 or a psp-go...decision making time.

Also, is the camera on the psp-go any good? like good enough to not need to go out and buy a cheapish digital camera?

Lame price. If I ever decide to purchase one, it'll be when the price is down to PSP 3000 levels.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

$249 for the PSP Go is just too much. They should drop the price of the PSP 3000 Core pack down to $149 (from 169) & drop the price of the PSP 3000 Bundle pack to $179 (from 199). Or drop the bundle pack and just leave the PSP 3000 Core pack at $149 and then release the PSP Go for $200 (for a $50 difference from the 3000 model & the Go Model)

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII