By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'll still get one, but keep my PSP2000.
I just hope that doesn't die on me and I'm left with a whole bunch of useless UMDs though.

The DL part sucks too - some games can be as much as 2GB? that will play hell with my wonderful Third World internet

I'll use it for primarily dled ps1 games and media.

I also hope they'll still keep releasing new games in UMD format

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

I'f rather just buy a 16gig Pro Duo for my PSP..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:

And save $200!

tedsteriscool said:
sega4life said:

And save $200!

and here is what I don't understand about Sony with PSP Go... I can understand PSP update from 1000 to 2000 then 3000. However, without offering a way for gamers to download games they already bought on UMD, PSP Go is basically a new platform since there is no UMD drive... how does Sony expect existing PSP customers to upgrade if they can't play their old games or Sony expect to attract new gamers on this new platform? If attracting new gamer with the new exclusive games (GT PSP, MGS PSP, RE PSP etc) is the goal, why set the entry price so high?

And no, this is totally not the same situation as Nintendo releasing DSi since DSi can play almost all DS games except the very few use the GBA slot. Most of DS owners (<3%) would not have to worry about not able to play their old DS games on DSi and have the incentive to upgrade while attracting new owners with a reasonable entry price. What would be the value proposition for PSP Go to convince the consumers to choose it over DSi with the price difference (almost 50% more)?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

They'd need a clip-on UMD drive accessory.
C'mon Sony, it shouldn't be rocket science...should it?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

Hmm let's see I can buy for this price PSP 3000 and full 2,5" 32GB SSD drive for PC and they want this much for downgraded no UMD PSP go and 16 gig flash card?

Well then again they have gold mine on their hands now with it. All those Digital downloads I bet are giving much higher fee to Sony than games sold in shops.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

16gb internal and your all saying thats a high price??

id say its fair

I'm getting one Its perfect because its much smaller!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

CONS:
$250 is a little bit expensive.
No UMD will kill it for me because I don't know how can I buy games for it. That's my main problem with the PSP Go. Sony doesn't support gamers in my country. If they manage to let you download your UMD to PSP GO that would be awesome.

PROS:
I really like the design of the PSP go. It kind looks cool to carry it around.
Smaller the better.

I going to buy this because I am an avid collector but I'll wait for a pricecut.

It seems to me people are misinterpreting the purpose of the PSP Go. Sony isn't expecting people to upgrade. They're expecting to attract the iTouch's market and make a ton of money in the process. This device will sell like hotcakes in Japan, where all PSP games have been distributed digitally for awhile now. Furthermore, the PSP Go is probably the biggest single thing that will give Sony the financial leverage to significantly drop the PS3's price.