By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CrashMan said:
Ugh, sony learned nothing from the PS3 launch

I predict a price drop in the first 6 months.

Around the Network

More Luxury price for mediocre content. I guess they learned nothing from the PS3 fiasco. This thing will sink faster than the Titanic.

Looks like a nice device though, unfortunately no one will be able to afford buying it esp.... with these trying economic times.

Atleast the PSP is still $169.99 and they didn't raise the price. :/

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

starcraft said:
I'm guessing that to get retailers to stock it (as they cannot sell software for a UMD-less device) they have to offer them a high margin and therefore make the price high.

good point

@monstamack

I didn't know anyone ever guessed at a price point on these forums but good job

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

They need to offer an 8gb option for cheaper

PSPGo - officially pointless.

Around the Network

Oh man, that's $100 above my hopes... Oh well, still getting it...

CrashMan said:
Ugh, sony learned nothing from the PS3 launch

this.. it's cheaper than a 16g ipod touch but still too much.

also no umd transfer option for games especially makes the pspgo a failure already imo. i defended this originally only because i didn't think sony would actually make a DD-only console and and make it compatible with PSP discs!

This is effing rediculous. A hardware revision that's completely incompatible with the format the system was built on. smooth move sony.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I can understand alot of people arent liking that price, but with its features and gaming capabilities its far better then a 16gb ipod touch going for $299.99 ...i think thats what Sony was trying to target against with their new PSP.

I was generally positive about the PSP Go so far because I figure it would be the same price as the PSP or cheaper. No UMD, smaller screen, and a small amount of internal memory I figure they couldn't possibly sell it for more than the PSP3000...

I was wrong. I am disappointed. I think the platform still has the chance to be viable as a profit item for Sony but the impact for gamers is far less positive with that price tag.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

what the fuck is the point of this system??? 16 gig memory cost $80 more??? fuck just make it support those 32 gig Flash memories and I can sure buy more than 16 gig of memory for $80.

BTW never compare anything to apple product, all their stuff is over priced.