By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate Microsofts Conference

6/10 - MS $ + NATAL = does not make it the best conference ever

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

6/10, NATAL is a glorifed eyetoy with only minigame applications, and the games they showed were meh, focused too much on facebook and last.fm

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

8/10 way better then expected by me... lets see nint and sony tomorow...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

tibisor said:
Blood_Tears said:
9/10
Only because that girl talking about facebook and twitter is "Clueless" and that part of the conference was terrible.

That was Felicia Day and she was awesome as ever!!!

Eh, she stuttered near the end. It sounded like she was trying to be funny but not really going for it. I do like the Guild show though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Nintendo fanboys really seem pissed with Natal. Is that the waggle comment? :P

Give credit where it's due, that stuff was very impressive.

Around the Network

10/10

Natal showed potential and will be exciting to follow, especailly with the Milo project.

And Alan Wake looked perfect.

I would rate that an 8.5.

Leaks spoiled all of the surprises. Good core games. Nothing too shocking.

selnor said:
20/10.

M$ just done the best innovation ever in gaming history. And the core games looked goddly. Well done M$.

They have a shot at first place this gen. They really do.

LMFAO!!!

Edit: Actually never mind the bolded bit, the whole post is pretty LOLz-worthy. Its going in my sig.

i would give it a 9. it would have gotten a higher ranking had their been more time devoted to CRACKDOWN.

it would seem to be a great start and i hope the other two are ready to compete.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Xen said:
Nintendo fanboys really seem pissed with Natal. Is that the waggle comment? :P

Give credit where it's due, that stuff was very impressive.

No one's pissed, its just underwhelming, you could clearly see its not going to work for FPS and action games, it lacks the precision, that girl was flailing around on the stage, its a minigame camera, like eyetoy

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)