By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate Microsofts Conference

8.5-9/10

Marked down for the girl from the hills that needs to learn how to present in public.

If you gave it less than an 8, you need to seriously take the "Are you a fanboy test", everything big that's not PS3 exclusive in the next 12 months made it there. Halo, Splinter Cell, FF13 demo, Modern Warfare 2 demo, MGS.

The fact that they didn't try and pad up the conference with sales numbers is a definite bonus. I guarantee Nintendo will mention it (and they already have the shortest conference as is).

Around the Network

9/10...The confirms and the the new improvements to XBL are winners. The Natal thing is cool, and has some potential, but cost and release sked are what's important. For all those screaming eyetoy...my question is where is it now? Mass Effect and Lost Planet are probably titles to headline with their studios...but it would have been nice to see something from Rare along the Killer Instinct line...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

8/10

Community stuff:
MS really tries to improve and enhance further! Problem: It doesnt appeal that much to me.

Games:
Nice to see some vids and get release dates. MGS - nice they add it to their library, plz show me some gameplay.

Natal: atm its on eyetoy level.. lets see how it evolves
Milo: im very sceptical, but the vision behind it is awesome

MS focuses on community and networking stuff, shows their already known/ rumored power horses and tells us their future vision. Im satisfied, but the megaton didnt happen.

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

8.5/10 Alan Wake looked ok but the way the story is told was a turn off for me and Halo 3 ODST and Forza 3 were not as great as I was hoping but the conference was one of the best I've seen in a long time out of all three (Sony Nin, MS).

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Awesome conference. No boring stat and bullshits PR, just announcements, footage and actual game play.

I see such great potential with Natal. I have been using Wii EA Sport Fit and thinking wow this would be great if I don't have to attach myself to the Wii mote and nunchuk and the environment I run is more realistic. The new 3d camera will perfect for this type of non-game interactive.

Can you imagine actually walking down the corridor and actually interact with lever and button in dungeon & dragon type game. Pick up weapon, cast spell while doing dungeon crawl in co-op. Haters be damm, this is essentially pre-cursor to something like Holo Deck in Star Trek. It's coming. 30 years ago when I hook up my jostick to 2600 and look at stick figure bouncing across the screen pretending he is Indy, I would have never imagine the graphic and level of realism in today game.

Awesome! (oh and new MGS coming to 360, eat your heart out all Sony fans!)

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Xen said:
Nintendo fanboys really seem pissed with Natal. Is that the waggle comment? :P

Give credit where it's due, that stuff was very impressive.

No one's pissed, its just underwhelming, you could clearly see its not going to work for FPS and action games, it lacks the precision, that girl was flailing around on the stage, its a minigame camera, like eyetoy

Think bigger, did you see that Milo stuff? that's why it's awesome in my eyes.

9.5/10 MS is really throing punches this gen and doing more effort than any console i've seen yet this gen

Xen said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Xen said:
Nintendo fanboys really seem pissed with Natal. Is that the waggle comment? :P

Give credit where it's due, that stuff was very impressive.

No one's pissed, its just underwhelming, you could clearly see its not going to work for FPS and action games, it lacks the precision, that girl was flailing around on the stage, its a minigame camera, like eyetoy

Think bigger, did you see that Milo stuff? that's why it's awesome in my eyes.

That's still more minigame stuff, thank you but I prefer real friends over uncanny valley imaginary ones

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I'd give an 7/10. I give props to Microsoft for going out on a limb with Natal and that Milo thing looks incredible (doubt it will work though).

They showed some really good games and Splinter Cell: Conviction looks amazing. Alan Wake looked much worse than i thought and Left for Dead 2 is much too early of a sequel.

Also, there were many things that kinda pissed me off like Don Mattrick's annoying applause and the announcement that Forza 3 is the "definitive" racing game.

Overall it was average. I bet Sony is ready to kick their ass tomorrow.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

8/10 where is RARE?