By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crytek announces Crysis 2 for PS3, XBOX360 and PC

non-gravity said:

They better cut the Extra-Terrestrials from the plot

Isn't that the whole premise of the game?

Around the Network
waron said:
i would say
PC>>>>>>360>>PS3
360 is very similar to pc so it will be easier for Crytek to make 360 port from pc than ps3 version.

Judging by the video they've shown us, the basics function pretty much equally well on both consoles. Besides, I doubt they would let the PS3 version become significantly inferior.

In the Play USA interview with Crytek, they said that it was going to be virtually the same on either one because both had advantages they were able to use that cancelled out the benefits of the other.

Zkuq said:
waron said:
i would say
PC>>>>>>360>>PS3
360 is very similar to pc so it will be easier for Crytek to make 360 port from pc than ps3 version.

Judging by the video they've shown us, the basics function pretty much equally well on both consoles. Besides, I doubt they would let the PS3 version become significantly inferior.

People said that about Fallout 3 and Orange Box too

Zkuq said:
waron said:
i would say
PC>>>>>>360>>PS3

Judging by the video they've shown us, the basics function pretty much equally well on both consoles. Besides, I doubt they would let the PS3 version become significantly superior

On the tech demo shown the ps3 version looked better in multiple ways and not only that, but they said themselves that the ps3 version of their engine was better.

:p

Same goes to waron.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
nojustno said:
Stop speculating what console platform it's going to look better on MONTHS before release, wtf?

We are sorry oh lord of the internet.

We shall no longer talk about how good it will look, when the first game in the series is arguably the best looking game ever.

...perhaps you need to reread my post or are you just being an ignoramus?

I haven't heard much praise for it outside the graphics realm which most couldn't even experience so I'm not hyped.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

nojustno said:
Carl2291 said:
nojustno said:
Stop speculating what console platform it's going to look better on MONTHS before release, wtf?

We are sorry oh lord of the internet.

We shall no longer talk about how good it will look, when the first game in the series is arguably the best looking game ever.

...perhaps you need to reread my post or are you just being an ignoramus?

I read it perfectly... and we can speculate whatever we like

I'm more interested in what other developers will be able to do with the licensed engine. The guys at CryTek are technically proficient, but they squabbled a lot of potential into mediocre FPS games with very little identity.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Time for PIXEL-COUNTING!!

I'll wait for MikeB to clear things up.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...