By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crytek announces Crysis 2 for PS3, XBOX360 and PC

Don't expect it to be nowhere near the original Crysis, but it can take the crown for best graphics ever on consoles. I wonder how the game will look in the PC version though.

If it surpasses the original one by a large margin it shall be a megaton achievment.

Around the Network
koffieboon said:
Carl2291 said:
Will be interesting to see how they look next to eachother.

My guess is, PC > PS3 > 360

My guess would be PC >> PS3 = 360

Just as every other multiplatform game. The rift separing pc versions from console ones is so big that diffrences beetween ps3/x360 are meaningless in comparision.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

So is it using the original Crysis engine? I don't think the consoles are capable of handling any stronger of an engine without severe framerate issues.

Zlejedi said:
koffieboon said:
Carl2291 said:

Just as every other multiplatform game. The rift separing pc versions from console ones is so big that diffrences beetween ps3/x360 are meaningless in comparision.

True for the best part.

But im going off them videos/images we saw a while ago of the new CryEngine3.

PS3 just looked better than the 360 version imo.

Carl2291 said:
Zlejedi said:
koffieboon said:
Carl2291 said:

True for the best part.

But im going off them videos/images we saw a while ago of the new CryEngine3.

PS3 just looked better than the 360 version imo.

True. The only two things I noticed that were different was better draw distance on PS3 (this one can be clearly seen) and X360 had better frame rate. But that can be due to the video compression, so about frame rate I'll just sit back and wait.

Around the Network

Stop speculating what console platform it's going to look better on MONTHS before release, wtf?

Now let's hope they're not going to over-simplify it: removing proning, reducing the number of suit modes, etc. Lack of buttons can do that. Also, I'm hoping this won't have a negative effect on the PC version graphics-wise either; doesn't have to look better than CE2 but it must definitely look at least as good as the previous games. Other than that, good - I suppose. Well, not bad at least. Or something. I don't know.

nojustno said:
Stop speculating what console platform it's going to look better on MONTHS before release, wtf?

We are sorry oh lord of the internet.

We shall no longer talk about how good it will look, when the first game in the series is arguably the best looking game ever.

i would say
PC>>>>>>360>>PS3
360 is very similar to pc so it will be easier for Crytek to make 360 port from pc than ps3 version.