By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will have a better library? Wii or Playstation 2

ShadowSoldier said:
shinyuhadouken said:
Soriku said:
Shadowblind said:
Leonidus said:
You should of had the title be 'who will have the BIGGEST library'
If its based on size, the Wii will likely come out tops. If its based on quality, the PS2 is miles ahead

Pretty much...

And shinyu is also probably right, the Wii is running head first into the spot of 'crappiest game library ever.' However, its no fault of Nintendo. Its the fault of all the upstart crap devs taking advantage of Granny Moses and little Jimmy who now has a wii. As far as Ninty goes, with the exception of a few games everything they've put out has been good.

Oh hell no, not even close.

Name one other popular system with a shitty library?

Atari 2600 or whichever console ET appeared on.....that game would ruin any library

Wrong. Count ET as only 1 crappy game. No matter how good or bad it is, whatever is the universal opinion of the game, it counts as either 1 good or one bad game.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
Arius Dion said:
shinyuhadouken said:
Soriku said:
Shadowblind said:
Leonidus said:
If its based on size, the Wii will likely come out tops. If its based on quality, the PS2 is miles ahead

Pretty much...

And shinyu is also probably right, the Wii is running head first into the spot of 'crappiest game library ever.' However, its no fault of Nintendo. Its the fault of all the upstart crap devs taking advantage of Granny Moses and little Jimmy who now has a wii. As far as Ninty goes, with the exception of a few games everything they've put out has been good.

Are you trying to call the WIi's library shitty?

In all  honesty the crap severely outweighs the good

Exactly...Just take a look at all the Wii games at Best Buy. You may find 5 good Wii games compared to 50 garbage games.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

ShadowSoldier said:
Arius Dion said:
shinyuhadouken said:
Soriku said:
Shadowblind said:
Leonidus said:

Pretty much...

The same traits are evident for ALL marketleading consoles. No more pronounced than with the PS1/2.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

shinyuhadouken said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Arius Dion said:
shinyuhadouken said:
Soriku said:
Shadowblind said:
Leonidus said:

Pretty much...

Exactly...Just take a look at all the Wii games at Best Buy. You may find 5 good Wii games compared to 50 garbage games.

Yep.  Just like the PS1 or PS2 so what's your point?  The most popular system always gets the most games which in turn means that they get the most bad games. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

@ Arius Dion I like the way you think. :p

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I think we are all forgetting that the system with the greatest library is the NA launch 60GB PS3... unfortunately my PS3 has worse BC, but still good...

More on topic, chances are the PS2 will win, but this gen could go on for a long time...

amp316 said:
@ Arius Dion I like the way you think. :p

Likewise my friend.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

You must be joking...

No way.I'm sure Wii has the best party games though.

But war... war never changes

Wii is following the same pattern as the DS ... lots of shovelware early on and failed experiments, but gets better over time.