By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will have a better library? Wii or Playstation 2

cura said:
Joke thread...Wii will probably end up having having one of the worst library of games, ever. Though that depends on who you ask. According to diehard nintendo fanboys, the wii even trumps the ps2, LOL. Luckily I'm not the only one who sees the lunacy in that idea...

it's hard to say at this moment since current gen isn't over yet, PS2 library is pretty amazing though.

Around the Network

Wii is a better machine, however that doesn't really matter. The PS2(SNES) benifited from being the best machine support last gen. The Wii however is only first generation(PS1/NES) of the new life cycle. It won't be until next generation of the this new style will WiiNext be comparable to the PS2(SNES) lineup.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Too soon to know.

megaman.2. said:
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Oh my god... You will go to gamers HELL for this blasphemy...PS2 is the GODfather of Games, how dare you speak the word "Wii" along with it? Such Utter blasphemy...

On topic, not a chance in hell, if anything the DS and PSP has a greater chance not the wii or HD consoles... how far will you go i wonder?

Do you want me to make an argument by which the Wii has already bested the PS2? It wouldn't be very hard.

What!! The Wii has bested the ps2??? No disrespect to the Wii, Im a Wii owner myself but I must the library of games is pretty shocking. At this moment in time I only own 8 games. That is it no other game is good enough for me to purchase and I have been looking but too many mediocre wii titled games that simply do not interest, all those 8 games are the bread and butter of Nintendo e.g. SMG, Metroid Prime3. But to say the Wii has bested the ps2 library is quite frankly ludicrous and dangerous. I await your reply!!

Im ready for round 2!

in sales numbers, yes, not as many RPGs yet, but it does have better games in some of the genres, but not all of them yet.

No contest: PS2

Around the Network

I think in the end the ps2 will have a stronger library of games than the wii. Though the wii will probably end up with a much stronger first party lineup its lack of third party games is really whats going to cripple it, especially seeing how the wii's third party situation is right now

on a side note I also think in the end the ps1 will have a stronger lineup than the wii

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies

animefobber said:
I think in the end the ps2 will have a stronger library of games than the wii. Though the wii will probably end up with a much stronger first party lineup its lack of third party games is really whats going to cripple it, especially seeing how the wii's third party situation is right now

on a side note I also think in the end the ps1 will have a stronger lineup than the wii

not anymore, Wii is a really hard machine to predict, kind of a pain in the ass.

PS2.

Considering the install base of the Wii, the library of 3rd party games is pathetic.

Tbone said:
Nothing against wii its a great console but i doubt a console will ever come close to ps2s library.

squaresoft at it's prime easily made ps1>>>>>ps2 but the wii just can't touch either of these consoles

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Wii, because most people in this thread missed the future tense in the title.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3