By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSPgo: A touch screen at secret?

16GB internal with the option of additional space with memstick [I have to 4 GB's, I'll sell one and have a 20GB PSPGo ] is what sold me... I want it for the multimedia.... If there is a touch screen, it's just a bonus for me

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Just have to wait and see at E3. I really wanna know the specs of this thing!
The smaller screen is a turn off though, but the PSP's is pretty big - just right.

Grooski said:

Sorry to burst bubbles.

yeah, that means Sony has to include this in every PSP Go.  Do you think it will cost that much less than a touchscrreen?

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Grooski said:

Sorry to burst bubbles.

Actually, this won't work over the PSP Go because there isn't this type of connection there anymore. There's only the normal one, round shapped, so you could control the sound but I don't think it's possible to control the tracks, etc. The biggest problem wouldn't be that, it's the simple fact that you can't control the sound of the PSP speakers with that.

Soon we'll find out, but I think there's touchscreen for the system, not for games, so you can control screen bright, volume and other things. I would like that.

Actually, this won't work over the PSP Go. Why? There isn't that type of connection there anymore. There's only the normal one, the round shapped. Also, that earplug only controle de volume for itself, not the system, so you can't control the PSP Speaker volume?
I think there is touchscreen for the system, not the games. It would be very nice!

Certain rumors were saying this is for some games that would only use a few (L/R) buttons...

Around the Network

Come on guys, it's obvious! the ioriginal PSP is old! The new PSP has no UMD so the new games with Touch Screen compatibilety won't be playble on any other PSP then -GO. UMD-off is a good way to divide th market, the new PSP has no buttons to control the music and video whats-so-ever when in non-slided mode, which is very uncomfortable for users that would like to use it as a mediaa player (the guys in the market analise every aspect of the product), it is logical to add the touch-screen feature, and to mention it at the last moment to blow our heads off)))
If the touch-screen won't be included- sony's chances to win the DS-IPhone market will lost, and I guess Sony knows that.

P.S. Do you really think that sony would show all their aces before the show?)) The info leak was a good marketing step)

That and accelerometers are a must to me if it is expected to top/compete with the DS and/or iPod.

i hope for touch screen and accelerometers

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Touch screen is really overrated...

jacezo said:
i hope for touch screen and accelerometers

And a 200$+ pricetag to? I would still buy it but it would be a huge blow to its mass-market apeal ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!