By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSPgo: A touch screen at secret?

I'm guessing no.

If you're going to add a touchscreen it wouldn't be PSPgo it would be PSP2, its simply far too large a hardware change and would essentially make the PSP obsolete.

Around the Network
Rath said:
I'm guessing no.

If you're going to add a touchscreen it wouldn't be PSPgo it would be PSP2, its simply far too large a hardware change and would essentially make the PSP obsolete.

What if the touchscreen was just for navigation and media purposes, i.e touch the screen to bring a menu up where you could control volume and fast forward the movie or song you were watching/listening to.

Whereas for games, the touchscreen wouldn't 'work,' or be limited to bringing up the 'select' menu.

It said there where no volume buttons and such, maybe it is touch screen, then it would have something to compete with ipone and ds

Killzowned said:
Rath said:
I'm guessing no.

What if the touchscreen was just for navigation and media purposes, i.e touch the screen to bring a menu up where you could control volume and fast forward the movie or song you were watching/listening to.

Whereas for games, the touchscreen wouldn't 'work,' or be limited to bringing up the 'select' menu.

this is what i'm getting at. this would be very possible.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Scruff7 said:
Killzowned said:
Rath said:
I'm guessing no.

But we're not talking about possibility , we're talking about feasibility . The PSP could have an inbuilt minature gun with semi-automatic fire in theory but how likely is that ?.

Like others have said , the touchscreen adition is too radical a change to the PSP's technical specification (this is not PSP2) for it to be worthwhile (there's various problems Sony would have to overcome to implement it). And none have the previews have even hintend at touch screen , I would have thought Sony would have made it known in that Qcore interview when that guy was talking about all the perks of the GO in comparison  to the 3000/

Around the Network
Million said:
Scruff7 said:
Killzowned said:
Rath said:
I'm guessing no.

But we're not talking about possibility , we're talking about feasibility . The PSP could have an inbuilt minature gun with semi-automatic fire in theory but how likely is that ?.

Like others have said , the touchscreen adition is too radical a change to the PSP's technical specification (this is not PSP2) for it to be worthwhile (there's various problems Sony would have to overcome to implement it). And none have the previews have even hintend at touch screen , I would have thought Sony would have made it known in that Qcore interview when that guy was talking about all the perks of the GO in comparison  to the 3000/

Hu ? like what ?

Million said:
Scruff7 said:
Killzowned said:
Rath said:
I'm guessing no.

feasibly it is possible technically - see my post above about RAM capabilities in comparison to existing touchcreen devices.

I agree if the touchscreen were to be used for gaming, it would be too radical a change, but not if it would be only for interfacing with the multi-media aspects.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Also there has to be a cost benefit ratio, I'm guessing a touch screen adds extra bulk, weight and cost to the console. If it isn't going to be a major feature it seems foolish to put it in.

actually there is a PS button on the left

Abt the touch screen,it can be used to browse music ad other multimedia functions

Yeah, even if there would be a touch-screen it would probably only be for multimedia purpose :| I dont even want it for games TBH, the button layout is more then enough for me :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!