By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GCN Exclusive: Say hello to the PSP Go - First pics of PSP Go

Munkeh111 said:
A UMD can hold 1.8GBs right? So you will be able to store at least 10 games won't you?

Most PSP games are less then 1 GB in size... so on the 16 GB card alone you will be able to store at least 15 games or if they are smaller even up to 40 ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I really like it (im a fan of the PSP to be honest) its slick, looks nice and i love the idea of 16 GB and hopefully it will increase the sales of the portable in the West.

However lack of UMD seems like a weird step to me, PSP has a good library of titles that can be accessed quite cheaply now. But now it forces you to be connected with PSN to get your games, plus they probably will be more expensive then titles that are now quite old.

I like the new look. For the first time since the PSP was released I actually have interest. Smaller travel design, no UMD(better battery life on games and faster load times). I'm like it. Now to save up for this thing. Too bad there is no TS yet though.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

no thanks looks shite!

16gb + card Slot

m2 card should be able to hold over 32gb.

and new updates will bring 32gb 64gb PSP Go.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Munkeh111 said:
smbu2000 said:
Munkeh111 said:
makingmusic476 said:

The only way I'd buy this is if:

1. They allow me to transfer all my UMD games onto the internal memory.

and

2. They include a "digital copy" of each game when you buy the UMD, like what they do with Blu-Rays, so that you get both versions of the game when you buy one.

This would allow me to continue being a video game collecting whore while also allowing me to utilize all the advantages DD provides (being able instantly access my games via the XMB, etc.).

But even if they did that, I could still just download all my games to my current PSP!

Which means I'd really only buy this if it had a touchscreen or something other cool new unnannounced feature, or if the above happened and my current PSP broke.

I think a good solution would be to allow you to put the UMD into the go, which would authorise your account to download that game. There would have to be a code on the manual system to prevent them being reused too many times. This would allow you to continue using all your current games and also allow you to still buy UMDs with a view of upgrading in the future, and allow me to continue collecting!

The problem with that though is that there is no UMD drive on the Go, so you wouldn't be able to put your UMD into it.

God I feel stupid... well then you would have to stick it into your PSP (old) and that would verify it

They might offer an external UMD drive for those who want to update to the PSP Go!...I dunno. I doubt it but it would be cool if they did that.

I thought about that, but it would certainly be an added accessory... but I would certainly be willing to pay like £20 to get one of those so I could continue buying UMDs for collecting, and then use them to download games. I would also mean that me and my brother could continue to share our library once he goes to university

Like I said before, have fun paying full price for games. I've probably bought maybe two to three full priced non-XBLA titles this year, and I will continue to do so.

You know that game that just went on clearance at Target? Loco Roco 2 for $10? Well guess what, your SOL because your only option is to download.

Used games? Pfft. Not any more. Many people trade in their games to Gamestop to get CREDIT towards other new games. You think people are going to blow $40 on new PSP games left and right?

PSP Go may be low in price, but in the long run your paying more to get more, where as you could be paying less to get more.

Quickdraw and others who never owned a PSP and/or want full digitial distribution are happy to see this but they probably don't realize most PSN UMD Legacy/other PSP games are more expensive then the used market right now, and even some new games.

Sony states 100+ PSP games will be out during the launch of PSP GO! (which is still months away) but makes no mention of price. Are you telling me you would rather pay $19.99 for a digital copy of Outrun 2 then $10 or less for the used market?

You guys can defend Sony/the developers all you want in concerns of the used game market and how they get nothing, but the fact is your gonna be robbed blind by the prices on PSN unless there are some radical changes. Again look at the current PSN prices for PSP games.

Also Patapon 2 was released for $19.99 as a digital download, and guess what? Patapon 1 was released at $19.99. Yeah great savings for the consumer when you could have had Patapon 1 to sell/trade in, a case and the works.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack: we still have no idea what the new pricing strategy will be and how well the rental service will work out ;) Chill dude and wait till the E3 presentation :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

In favor of digitial distribution I hope the PSP2 starts right off with DD rather then this mixed bs, that way we can all screw ourselves equally by paying full price for games.

I just want to know how many of you guys are willing to get a dozen or so full priced (assuming $40) PSP games versus going out and getting possibly double that on the used market.

Ok I'll chill from now on unless you quote me cause I'll probably respond :P

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:

Quickdraw and others who never owned a PSP and/or want full digitial distribution are happy to see this but they probably don't realize most PSN UMD Legacy/other PSP games are more expensive then the used market right now, and even some new games.

Sony states 100+ PSP games will be out during the launch of PSP GO! (which is still months away) but makes no mention of price. Are you telling me you would rather pay $19.99 for a digital copy of Outrun 2 then $10 or less for the used market?

You guys can defend Sony/the developers all you want in concerns of the used game market and how they get nothing, but the fact is your gonna be robbed blind by the prices on PSN unless there are some radical changes. Again look at the current PSN prices for PSP games

You're running under the assumption that I, and like-minded individuals, buy used games.
I don't support the used market, and the only time I ever will is when the games are old and/or otherwise unavailable (As an added bonus, games becoming unavailable is another problem you'll never encounter with digital distribution).

Like I said in my earlier post, the benefits far outweigh the costs in regards to the handheld market (I like to emphasize that since I believe digital distribution would not benefit the home console market).
And if, for whatever reason, you feel differently, Sony claims they will be keeping the PSP-3000 on the market simultaneously, so I don't see the problem.

EDIT: Also, we are both assuming Sony won't adopt a similar price-cutting strategy similar to Steam when they go full DD. I think they'll find it beneficial sooner or later, since it is one of the prominent reasons the Steam market took off so quickly