By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GCN Exclusive: Say hello to the PSP Go - First pics of PSP Go

It actually has a smaller screen... but I am still probably going to get it

Around the Network

There are no PSN cards in Europe.. how are you actually going to pay those downloadable games?

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Hopefully they will release cards now

Oh, and they might do the codes in a box thing that they did with Patapon 2

The only way I'd buy this is if:

1. They allow me to transfer all my UMD games onto the internal memory.

and

2. They include a "digital copy" of each game when you buy the UMD, like what they do with Blu-Rays, so that you get both versions of the game when you buy one.

This would allow me to continue being a video game collecting whore while also allowing me to utilize all the advantages DD provides (being able instantly access my games via the XMB, etc.).

But even if they did that, I could still just download all my games to my current PSP!

Which means I'd really only buy this if it had a touchscreen or something other cool new unnannounced feature, or if the above happened and my current PSP broke.

Around the Network

i really cannot understand why sony doesnt release games in mspd format,so that they can be compatible with all existing psps and the psp go........it seems they have decided to go full digital.......

the most striking feature is its weight for me!!only 108gr..........thats half the weight of dsi/ds lite!!!..for a handheld that started weighing almost 300gr thats a really amazing thing!!!
especially in japan that they get size and weight crazy the gonna love psp go~~~and japanese love means japanese developers love!!!!!

makingmusic476 said:

and

2. They include a "digital copy" of each game when you buy the UMD, like what they do with Blu-Rays, so that you get both versions of the game when you buy one.

This would allow me to continue being a video game collecting whore while also allowing me to utilize all the advantages DD provides (being able instantly access my games via the XMB, etc.).

But even if they did that, I could still just download all my games to my current PSP!

Which means I'd really only buy this if it had a touchscreen or something other cool new unnannounced feature, or if the above happened and my current PSP broke.

I think a good solution would be to allow you to put the UMD into the go, which would authorise your account to download that game. There would have to be a code on the manual system to prevent them being reused too many times. This would allow you to continue using all your current games and also allow you to still buy UMDs with a view of upgrading in the future, and allow me to continue collecting!

NIKOS_SE said:
i really cannot understand why sony doesnt release games in mspd format,so that they can be compatible with all existing psps and the psp go........it seems they have decided to go full digital.......

the most striking feature is its weight for me!!only 108gr..........thats half the weight of dsi/ds lite!!!..for a handheld that started weighing almost 300gr thats a really amazing thing!!!
especially in japan that they get size and weight crazy the gonna love psp go~~~and japanese love means japanese developers love!!!!!

Well you can already download full games for PSP, so I don't see why that would not continue anyway....

Also, hopefully they will introduce a system where when you donwload a game from PSN on PS3, you also get the PSP version of the game, so I would be able to play SS HD and PixelJunk Monsters on my PSP having bought them for PS3, for no additional cost

Munkeh111 said:
makingmusic476 said:

and

I think a good solution would be to allow you to put the UMD into the go, which would authorise your account to download that game. There would have to be a code on the manual system to prevent them being reused too many times. This would allow you to continue using all your current games and also allow you to still buy UMDs with a view of upgrading in the future, and allow me to continue collecting!

The problem with that though is that there is no UMD drive on the Go, so you wouldn't be able to put your UMD into it.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Munkeh111 said:
makingmusic476 said:

and

The problem with that though is that there is no UMD drive on the Go, so you wouldn't be able to put your UMD into it.

God I feel stupid... well then you would have to stick it into your PSP (old) and that would verify it