By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GCN Exclusive: Say hello to the PSP Go - First pics of PSP Go

The buttons are fucking SHAT, wow, sony loves to mess things up don't they?

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
Outside of the obvious Sony fans or people who never owned a PSP, the response on the Internet seems to be overwhelmingly bad. Hopefully the public doesn't feel the same way. It's gonna be interesting cause I work at a major retail chain and I'm going to have to tell a lot of people that they have to download all their games and they are gonna be like "Wtf?".

I just checked the comment section on the Go articles on IGN and Gamespot, and of the ones I read the majority were positive. So I don't know why you thought the general consensus was negative toward the Go, but I saw otherwise.

vitoaf27 said:
MonstaMack said:
Outside of the obvious Sony fans or people who never owned a PSP, the response on the Internet seems to be overwhelmingly bad. Hopefully the public doesn't feel the same way. It's gonna be interesting cause I work at a major retail chain and I'm going to have to tell a lot of people that they have to download all their games and they are gonna be like "Wtf?".

I just checked the comment section on the Go articles on IGN and Gamespot, and of the ones I read the majority were positive. So I don't know why you thought the general consensus was negative toward the Go, but I saw otherwise.

It was worst at first, partly because the first leaked pictures were of terrible quality, but I think more and more people are getting used to it. Some will always hate it.

So you think this "leak" was intentional, like when Nintendo announced the Wii (admittedly on purpose) a few days early so people would get over the initial shock and focus on features?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Why does everyone assume that Sony won't do anything about UMDs for existing users upgrading, I am sure Sony will have some sort of system in place. Maybe placing your UMD in allows you to download the game

Around the Network

@ axum, it is definitely the Lost Frontier, they said the game would feature planes

I still don't understand the distaste the PSP-Go! endures in regards to ditching UMD.

To clarify my position, what is more important for a handheld device:
Longer battery life, faster load times, less moving parts (resulting in a lighter and more durable device), having your game collection on you at all times - or - owning a physical copy of an expensive and mediocre format?

There are certainly issues that can be pointed to - like the awkward placement of the the analog nub (although I would like to try it out and get a feel for it myself), and the apparent lack of a touchscreen.
But taking issue with a feature that will improve this portable system in nearly every way seems, well, silly.

anyone who says that psp go is ugly go watch the qore episode in hd!!!!you will be shocked how small compact and pretty it is!!!!

NIKOS_SE said:
anyone who says that psp go is ugly go watch the qore episode in hd!!!!you will be shocked how small compact and pretty it is!!!!

that wot i thought...Sony has finally made Playstation Portable as Portable or almost portable.

Damn, I think it looks worse then the old PSP, and does it have the same specs?!... Why even bother buying this then!!

I thought the 'fake' version looked way cooler!!! (can be found a few posts above). This looks like a cheap bunch of plastic!

THE NETHERLANDS