By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GCN Exclusive: Say hello to the PSP Go - First pics of PSP Go

MonstaMack said:

Like I said before, have fun paying full price for games. I've probably bought maybe two to three full priced non-XBLA titles this year, and I will continue to do so.

You know that game that just went on clearance at Target? Loco Roco 2 for $10? Well guess what, your SOL because your only option is to download.

Used games? Pfft. Not any more. Many people trade in their games to Gamestop to get CREDIT towards other new games. You think people are going to blow $40 on new PSP games left and right?

PSP Go may be low in price, but in the long run your paying more to get more, where as you could be paying less to get more.

Quickdraw and others who never owned a PSP and/or want full digitial distribution are happy to see this but they probably don't realize most PSN UMD Legacy/other PSP games are more expensive then the used market right now, and even some new games.

Sony states 100+ PSP games will be out during the launch of PSP GO! (which is still months away) but makes no mention of price. Are you telling me you would rather pay $19.99 for a digital copy of Outrun 2 then $10 or less for the used market?

You guys can defend Sony/the developers all you want in concerns of the used game market and how they get nothing, but the fact is your gonna be robbed blind by the prices on PSN unless there are some radical changes. Again look at the current PSN prices for PSP games.

Also Patapon 2 was released for $19.99 as a digital download, and guess what? Patapon 1 was released at $19.99. Yeah great savings for the consumer when you could have had Patapon 1 to sell/trade in, a case and the works.

very valid point.. and i think there was some Sony survey or maybe it was a rumour of monthly game subscription, where u can get 5 games for 20 bucks per month or so.. i think Sony will develop similar strategy for PSP digital games also rather they should do it. plus definitely they are going to be sales on DD... but let see before start making a judgement... they can play it well and really make PSP take off or they can play it stupid and add misery to already miserable software sales on PSP

Around the Network

Noobie brings up a good point with the rental service.
Could be a good deal if done correctly, we simply need more details. If it even exists.

So is this psp faster? or better in that sense? ie can play better graphics and has more memory etc? or will it be the same as the normal psp in terms of processing power etc

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

MonstaMack said:

Like I said before, have fun paying full price for games. I've probably bought maybe two to three full priced non-XBLA titles this year, and I will continue to do so.

You know that game that just went on clearance at Target? Loco Roco 2 for $10? Well guess what, your SOL because your only option is to download.

Used games? Pfft. Not any more. Many people trade in their games to Gamestop to get CREDIT towards other new games. You think people are going to blow $40 on new PSP games left and right?

PSP Go may be low in price, but in the long run your paying more to get more, where as you could be paying less to get more.

Quickdraw and others who never owned a PSP and/or want full digitial distribution are happy to see this but they probably don't realize most PSN UMD Legacy/other PSP games are more expensive then the used market right now, and even some new games.

Sony states 100+ PSP games will be out during the launch of PSP GO! (which is still months away) but makes no mention of price. Are you telling me you would rather pay $19.99 for a digital copy of Outrun 2 then $10 or less for the used market?

You guys can defend Sony/the developers all you want in concerns of the used game market and how they get nothing, but the fact is your gonna be robbed blind by the prices on PSN unless there are some radical changes. Again look at the current PSN prices for PSP games.

Also Patapon 2 was released for $19.99 as a digital download, and guess what? Patapon 1 was released at $19.99. Yeah great savings for the consumer when you could have had Patapon 1 to sell/trade in, a case and the works.

Used games are terrible for the industry anyway. Won't be sorry to see Gamestop suffer a bit while developpers prosper.

aher052 said:
So is this psp faster? or better in that sense? ie can play better graphics and has more memory etc?

We haven't been told specifics, but it should have a significantly longer battery life and much shorter load times.
I don't know if the 16GB in memory will be used to directly affect the games (ie. installs), we'll have to see.

Around the Network

This is no difference like what Nintendo did with the DSi. It's the same thing as the PSP just different look.

YesWiiCan said:
This is no difference like what Nintendo did with the DSi. It's the same thing as the PSP just different look.

It would be. If Nintendo dropped the cartridge slot.