By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz 2.0 - the aftermath!

W00t, site search is up! Thank you so much!

Around the Network

Scrolling seems to have got a lot less smooth

I love the new site (hated it during the first day before I slept on it) but really the clutter on the first page should be fixed. Everything looks proffessional xcept the clutter.

I havent looked into it in detail so theres probably more to say, but for example having a "Most popular games" menu (to the far down left) isn't necessary at all. And in VGC's case it even is pretty bad because it's just filled with PS3 games anyway, and only works to show the unfortunate scew in console userbase between X360-PS3-Wii that this site happens to still have.

One of the lessons pro game developers learn is that you have to make sacrifices. There's always tons of great ideas, but you just have to cut several of them to get a smooth and accessible overall experience.

EDIT: instead there's missing some features that I really were used to, and what makes this site unique - it's sad that the sales numbers menu (to the far right top 10 selling games) is only showing up for "Worlwide" now, instead of all 3 regions + worldwide, now you have to click an icon to see the individual regions.

"Latest Screenshots" - is that feature really needed? I don't think many people need that feature from the front page (but through individual news and games pages screenshots are a totally different thing and mandatory of course).

I can't find the old table of world shipments. Sure it was outdated, but it was easy to see LTD of all the old consoles and in each region! Is it gone or am I just not finding it? If it's gone, could you bring it back?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Ok, seriously, what in the hell is up with the menus getting covered by ads?? I pointed this issue out a while ago and it still happens with certain ads (now with the Kia ad and Axe ads). It's very annoying and makes the site unusable until refreshing enough gets another ad onscreen. Happens in both IE & FF.

Please fix this!! It's a very big deal!

Around the Network

I notice that some mods are listed in their profile as being Contributors instead of mods.

Well I only noticed with Torillian and Fishyjoe because they're the only ones I checked.

But that is what their profiles say!

Edit: Same with rocketpig. Bodhesatva isn't even listed as a Contributor, he's just a VGChartz God.

In most of the forums (and frontpage), my topbar looks like this:

Though in the Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft forums, the E3 banner is there.

I'm on Windows 7 with FF 3.5

Just for the record I still think that the new design feels less welcoming, lol

As people have said the ads are going over the top of the navigation links on the top of site which disrupts the ease of navigation significantly.

Ok, seriously... What in the crap?!? I'm getting really annoyed with the continued bugs in 2.0. The menu STILL occasionally gets stuck behind ads, Column widths are screwy in the forums in IE7/8, the front page still takes up more CPU than ANY website I've been to, I get an error message whenever I upload an image- sometime the image uploads in spite of the message (we only allow JPEG, png...), and now, these annoying ads that come up from the bottom completely f*&@ up the menus so I have to refresh the site! This happens all the time while I'm surfing and is VERY annoying (image below). It happens in IE7, IE8, and IE8 compatibility mode.

GAAAAA! I am really thinking about leaving the site at this point! Is anybody working on these bugs??? Most of these issues have been around for a long time, VERY unproffesional in my opinion. Do you test for compatibility with all browsers or what?

Sorry, but I'm getting frustrated.