By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz 2.0 - the aftermath!

AE86 said:

My sig managed to fuck itself up even worse overnight without me touching it, I can't delete the text boxes when editing or read the text inside of them, and now theres a huge gray bar between the boxes even though when I go to edit my sig they're stuck right next to each other.

You can make it from scratch by using [ quote ] [ /quote ].  But the text box will look slightly different. 

If you want it to look just like it's supposed to, < center >< table bgcolor="#bbbbbb" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="90%" >< tr >< td bgcolor="#ffffff" >< b >Quoted person said:< /b >< br / >Quoted text.< /td >< /td >< /table >< /center >

Or at least that's what it used to be, I suppose the color settings are wrong now.  Let me check...

"ffffff" turned into "282828": 
< center >< table bgcolor="#bbbbbb" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="90%" >< tr >< td bgcolor="#282828" >< b >Quoted person said:< /b >< br / >Quoted text.< /td >< /td >< /table >< /center >

(and remember to take out the spaces on the < inside > of the brackets obviously)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Quoted person said:
Testing.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Fix the menu links so they aren't hidden by the ads. Highlight "GAMES" on the menu and 66% of the links are hidden by the ads. That's a problem. I'm currently using FIREFOX browser, but when I use Windows IE 6.0 the menus appear on the right side of the screen. When I move the cursor that was to click on one of them, they disappear. What a mess.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Slight issue with uploading screenshots, after I upload them it claims there is an error, but yet the screenshots are still uploaded

Around the Network

OK, the problem of the login form covered by a Flash element in the homepage is solved, VERY GOOD!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

thetonestarr said:
(1) Works wonderfully in Firefox for me now. INCREDIBLY less tolling on my system now. Good job!

(2) YAY the top bar isn't Flash anymore! *right clicks to high-heaven.*

(3) I see my idea for the "My Recent" feature has been included into the forum links widget. I find it mildly humourous that you took my idea... and threw it onto the exact OPPOSITE side of where I suggested it go. =p

Conclusion: You've fixed every single one of my largest concerns. Fantastic job, guys. Thanks!

1) Same for me. Black scheme apart, I like it very much now.

2) Ditto. It was bugging me too, happy now.

3) I didn't see that up until now, and in the awful lot of posts I didn't read your brilliant idea before. Very good that they followed your suggestion, it solves both our needs and ioi's concerns.

Thanks a lot (to you too, naturally) from me too.  

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

New (for me, at least) small bug, I think I read around of others with similar problems:
this thread http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=73383&page=1 is shown for me as having always new posts, but it isn' true. Clicking on each of its pages and reloading the last page several times didn' solve it, it's always shown in orange and amongst the most recent in the "My Recent Threads" section. I tried posting a new comment to see if it "unlocked" the situation, it didn't work.

Edit: ZOMFG! Zombie thread!!!       ...I couldn't resist...  

Still got a small glitch with "Nintendo sells 50m ..." story.

Better than last time - now I can see the story. (hurrah!)

But not the comments. (boo!)

Are you guys happier? There is a My Recent tab on the main page now =]

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!