By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Please! Bring back the old Version

I like the black and grey!

Maybe it should be customisable. Then nobody can complain.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Keep the features, but give us the old colour and interface.

@anyone who hates the new version enough to leave

bye.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I think the new design is unfamiliar to almost everyone on this site, but we'll learn to live with it and love it.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Well, it's very natural for mankind to be against a change at the very beginning. We all know that every thing was better before bla bla. Just try getting used to it for at least two weeks and then you can complain again.

@ nordlead
I think it's very unprofessional to react like that. I know it's annoying to read comments like in this thread but hey, you're a moderator. Besides, there are also many positive reactions to the new design, so why not be happy about that?

Around the Network

@ vas-y, most people like the design, so those who don't are perfectly welcome to leave, there is no reason to change back. The development team has worked extremely hard on this, and instead of constructive criticism they are just saying how rubbish it is, and not thanking them for all their hard work

I'm not to fond of this color scheme either. The gothic black look is a complete reversal from the friendly white background.

also- The admins and whatnot are very defensive from what i've seen. not really making the community feel at ease.

I enjoy it

Vas-y said:
Well, it's very natural for mankind to be against a change at the very beginning. We all know that every thing was better before bla bla. Just try getting used to it for at least two weeks and then you can complain again.

@ nordlead
I think it's very unprofessional to react like that. I know it's annoying to read comments like in this thread but hey, you're a moderator. Besides, there are also many positive reactions to the new design, so why not be happy about that?

Exactly what I wanted to say.  This is a community.  Admins should be trying to make people feel welcome.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Vas-y said:

@ nordlead

I could have said FU and banned them, but I have not. I simply said goodbye.

Essenstially I said in 1 word what I could have typed out in a whole paragraph. The old version will not be brought back because this was a major overhual. Making this thread is completely pointless and a waste of your time. If you really hate it that much (as indicated by this thread) then there is no reason to change as the website will not be reverted. The worst part is, that I can find people who say "bring back the old" and say they loved it, but I bet I can easily find posts by the same exact member who hated the blue when it was first introduced and they wanted the "old" site back.

so, I say it again, if you hate it enough, then just leave as we aren't changing to make 1 person happy who liked the blue. There will always be upgrades and changes, but this is here to stay until the next major overhall.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)