By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Please! Bring back the old Version

i find it awesome

but it did take a little bit of getting used too.

Around the Network
Nitrous_18 said:
I see VGChartz has gone to the dark side

Well put :P IMO the new site is better, but as functionality its the same :| Even if the new color pallet doesnt suits you the most, its still not a reason to hate it :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Now that the text colour mix on the homepage is mostly gone... I am liking it very much. I don't see people's problem with orange on dark grey, they go nicely together. And the site header is 1000% more awesome than before. (otherwise known as turning it up to 11)

My only real non-bug related problem is it being widescreen.... so I am constantly using the arrow keys to look around (text is too small when zoomed out)

I love the new design, however, they should have the option of making the site black or white like gamespot.

I don't like the font,design or colour scheme used in the new Vgchartz. Can we at least have an option to change back to the old layout , I don't want a dark colour scheme.

Around the Network

come on, the new design is much more artistic than the old one!

great job everyone!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

And what's with the formating why do I have to scroll across the page , can I please have the old Vgchartz back this isn't an improvment , just a un-dersirable change IMO.

hunter_alien said:
Nitrous_18 said:
I see VGChartz has gone to the dark side

Well put :P IMO the new site is better, but as functionality its the same :| Even if the new color pallet doesnt suits you the most, its still not a reason to hate it :|

there are a ton of new features, especially in the game database.

Check out the official 2.0 FAQ. I'll be updating it with more feature information as I go along.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=73618&page=2

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

ioi said:
Problem is that 90% of people love the new design
- it is the same 10 people posting thread after thread and comment after comment complaining.

Um...Probably more like 40-60% from what I've seen.

ioi said:
Problem is that 90% of people love the new design - it is the same 10 people posting thread after thread and comment after comment complaining.

Unfortunately whether you like the graphical look of the site is down to personal taste - some will and some will not - but anyone who feels this is a step backwards in some way obviously has not taken time to explore the site and see what has been added. This is MUCH more than just a graphical change...

Problem is 90% of people on Vgchartz are huge fans of Vgchartz so even if the website was decorated with feaces people would still praise it.

I think you should be more concerned about what people who don't like it are saying , i'm assuming your wanting to attract new traffic to the website right ?