By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The official VGChartz 2.0 Thread

like the look...but think it need less things moving around....

Around the Network

lol,im lost in this new design,but i like it,good job to all

just gotta get used to it.

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

I took me freaking 30 minutes to log in cause the frames are overlapping...

I'm on a Mac.. with Firefox

http://i42.tinypic.com/20rpeg9.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/14j6fzo.jpg

the ads shifted over the login screen.... :( I saw the login screen in a split second so I had to use ad block to see it again...
Same thing happens in safari... http://i40.tinypic.com/331f5lx.jpg You all hate mac users... :(

-edit- ow I see that the div-id for the loginscreen has shifted... not the ad over the loginscreen..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I posted this in the VGC 2.0 FAQ thread, but in doubt I'll repost it here:
Where is the list of the threads I most recently posted in, with colour highlighting for those that had new posts since the last time I checked them? (I mean the lower part of old site's left column)
Take the blue back! What's this mix between Gamespot and the good ol' Adrenaline Vault?
OTOH, vertical bars charts are quite OK...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Where is the list of the threads I most recently posted in, with colour highlighting for those that had new posts since the last time I checked them? (I mean the lower part of old site's left column)
Take the blue back! What's this mix between Gamespot and the good ol' Adrenaline Vault?

You have to click on Forum now. As long as you are within vgchartz.com/forum you will see the good old "recent posts" bar, except now it has more posts, and threads with no new replies are white, while threads with new replies are orange (the text, not the background, which is always dark grey, like a lot of things now).

And to be honest, I didn't like the blue. I prefer the black and dark grey. Just needs some brown, and it can be an HD game!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Hey, the quote spacing got fixed!

Hooray!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Wow so the black background is here to stay. Think I will be spending much less time on VGChartz. Will go to Guardian online where there isn't a huge black screen to tell my employers from miles away that I am surfing the internet rather than doing my work. And it doesn't hurt my eyes as well.

And the recent threads forum missing from the front page is a big issue. When you come to the site for many people the first thing they do is to look at that to see if there are any that have gone read to alert you that there have been more posts and then you go in to see what has been posted.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Kantor said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

You have to click on Forum now. As long as you are within vgchartz.com/forum you will see the good old "recent posts" bar, except now it has more posts, and threads with no new replies are white, while threads with new replies are orange (the text, not the background, which is always dark grey, like a lot of things now).

And to be honest, I didn't like the blue. I prefer the black and dark grey. Just needs some brown, and it can be an HD a Quake game! 

I saw it, but having Recent Threads in the home page was perhaps less stylish, but more practical.

Fixed the brown part.    

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

A few other complaints:
All this gray is depressing. And just a few minutes ago it freezed Firefox, and differently from usual, I wasn't able to unlock it without killing it, but simply killing the process npviewer.bin. It always worked this simpler and faster way, now it doesn't, restarting all FF with a lot of open tabs is a lot slower. Very annoying. And the old "pie chart" small icon/logo stood out better in the address bar and in the tabs.