By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The official VGChartz 2.0 Thread

Everything seems to be working much quicker and smoother, great work!

EDIT: I mean seems not needs!

Around the Network

After editing, you get booted back to the first page of the thread

I just have a couple of bugs to report, but otherwise im quite pleased with the changes!

Im using IE7 on Vista 32:

Ok when I click on the recent threads bar it says page not displayed but when I physically navigate on the forums to the thread it works perfectly.

Also when I try to edit my profile from the quicklinks area it says page not displayed.

Otherwise I love the changes, especially the flash for the news and chartz sections on the from page, love the colour coded news links and the mouse over hot topics for all threads in all forums. Its so easy to navigate, I open up far fewer tabs now which is great.

Tease.

I find a broken link:
while viewing a review i can't change the commentary page.

I prefer white background, easier for my eyes... and orange text doesn't help either...

But my biggest concern is the fact i have to scroll to see the entire pages: my PC monitor is a small one, but with the old version of the site, everything was on my screen... now, i have to scroll to the right on EVERY page, while most of the times (like on forums), the left side of the page is absolutely... empty...

If that problem is solved in a near future, then it may be ok for me to get used to the new version.

If not, i will only visit once a week instead of every day, like i use to for more than two years now...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Around the Network

My only complaint with the new layout is the cluttered appearance of the front page. There is just too many things going on. Less text would help in that regard, maybe throw something off the front page that doesn't really need to be there.

Other than that, I love it. Reading forums for a significant amount of time on a white background can really annoy your eyes - the darker pallet is much better. I haven't seen much in the way of new features, but the flash-based shortcuts and Quick Links are quite useful.

@ 68 soul, try zooming out as a temporary measure

2.0 kicks ass. I like it, its impressive. Well done ioi and team.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Link to others totals is broken, it just goes to worldwide totals

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I don't like how comments are listed by most recent first in charts and news articles now. Just a teensy complaint :3

I agree. Is there a way to get this (and any other thread or anything if people want) as an option? Either show by most recent or from the earliest.
I also have the issue of the site being too wide now. As for the actual aesthetics, I'll have to see how I feel after using it for a little while, but for the moment I'm not so keen on the darkness (But I do take some time getting used to such changes).
Edit: Oh and the whole recent threads being moved off of the front page.