By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The official VGChartz 2.0 Thread

Alright, I made another thread describing my exact experiences. But so far I'm having a swarm of bugs attack my formatting in posts, editing gameDB, and all that. The worst one so far is the post editing, apparently using bullets and number lists in posts mess up the formatting overall by adding spaces between every line which just increases per edit.

Also, I miss having my recent posts on the very far left all the time. :(

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Around the Network

I like it, but there are a few problems that I am having with it:

1. Dodgy scrolling, it does not scroll smoothly, but I don't know who's fault that is
2. No recent posts on the home page
3. No link to my user reviews on my profile
4. On the game pages, certainly for Uncharted the box art does not display and I think the recent updates part should be at the bottom

I heavily dislike this new design.

TalonMan said:

famousringo said:
I kinda miss the recent forum post sidebar on the front page, but since it's in all the actual forum page, it's not a big deal. I understand why you'd want to free up important front page real estate.

What I really miss are the quick reply boxes on news pages.

Also, the background behind a lot of this white text needs to be darker. It's fine in this quick reply box, but too light and hard on the eyes in the actual post.

Are you talking about the comment sections??? There is an 'add comment' link at the top of the list which drops down a hidden box - no page refresh. Your comment is then submitted and posted again, with no page refresh...    ...how 'quicker' can your reply get?!?!?!?   :P

Hah, you got me. I saw the link, but I didn't click it because I didn't actually have a comment to make. I just noticed the absence of the quick reply at the bottom.

That's quite nice if you want to leave a comment without reading everybody else's, actually. Although that isn't normally my style.

Edit: Holy crap these quote boxes are out of control.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Comments on game pages are poorly placed, needs to be moved to a more prominent spot.

Around the Network

We need a way to add whole achievement lists, with pictures

One change i'd like is to know when the numbers were updated. For example, on the main page it would say "Numbers for Japan May 10...". Now you have to click in to see if software numbers are up, where before you could just see on the main page if they were or not.

Otherwise it seems fine. Some of you seriously need higher resolution monitors. The new site requires no horizontal scrolling on my 3.5 year old powerbook (1280x960 res), are some of you still running 1024x768? Admittedly though, the new site lags horribly and the front page is pretty much unusable on my powerbook which is disapointing.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

First, I like the design. It takes a little longer to load, but there are some good mouse-overs that prevent some needless reloads. One thing I would like is a mobile version with just news, numbers and top threads. The old site loaded okay on my phone, but this is just impossible.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

I think its a great step in the right direction. Everyone is a bit overwhelmed right now, but don't worry. The bugs will get fixed and everything will be back to normal.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Why aren't off-topic threads included in "All" on the front page?