By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The day the PS3 overtakes the XBox 360 in total sales

PS3beats360 said:

That will be the happiest day in my life.

Are you a Sony executive due for a huge bonus if that happens?  If not this is one of the most pathetic things I have ever heard in my life.

PS3 and  following Sony is a religion to some, just like me.

Do you have ranks in this religion?  Is MikeB one of your great prophets?  How many gods do you have?  Are all the board members of Sony each a god?  Are you a high priest under MikeB or just an acolyte?

Currently playing:  PC:  Wolfenstein  PS2:  Final Fantasy X  PS3: All-Pro Football 2K8 Wii:  Force Unleashed  PSP:  God of War: CoO Xbox 360:  Gears of War 2  

Most anticipated game:  Dragon Age Origins (PC)

Around the Network

Tagged so I can read this thread later.

wow.

gebx said:
I think this thread is amazing...

It started out with a crazy OP who stated that the PS3 beating the 360 will be the happiest day of his life, that he dreams about it, and that following Sony is a religion to him...

He's ridiculed by others for basically having no life... and then its followed by cherry picked data from MikeB proclaiming the PS3 is doing just as great as the PS1, and some crazy dude with a toast avatar proclaiming his absolute hate for the 360 and says Halo players smell like urine...

A_M_A_Z_I_N_G !!

well, to be fair, at least that part of his post was true.

j/k

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

@ gebx

He's ridiculed by others for basically having no life... and then its followed by cherry picked data from MikeB proclaiming the PS3 is doing just as great as the PS1

I actually said the PS3 is ahead in sales and this at a higher entry pricing. So at the point the PS3 still performs considerably better.

If the PS3 ends up somewhere around the sales performance of the PS1 I think that would be most excellent considering its specifications (and thus potential). IMO only Sony (top talent designers and developers) and Microsoft ($$$) could pull off something like this with a high spec console.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Wow...I wish a friend hadn't suggested I enter this thread. It's not even funny.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network

According to my past thread that proves PS3 is actually outselling the 360 when we align the two consoles from their launches.

PS3 is ahead of X360 by 3.5 million consoles from launch. PS3 is selling more systems than X360. It is only a matter of time PS3 will overtake X360 when PS3 console price reaches optimal mass market penetration point of $299 and below.

PS3 has sold on average around 120 000 more consoles per month than XBox 360 for first 30 months of their lives on the market. Around 30k more PS3s sold every week than X360. PS3 will well and truly outsell XBox 360 and claim second place in console wars. PS3 outselling X360 by 20% more systems in same point in time comparison.

MikeB said:

@ gebx

He's ridiculed by others for basically having no life... and then its followed by cherry picked data from MikeB proclaiming the PS3 is doing just as great as the PS1

I actually said the PS3 is ahead in sales and this at a higher entry pricing. So at the point the PS3 still performs considerably better.

If the PS3 ends up somewhere around the sales performance of the PS1 I think that would be most excellent considering its specifications (and thus potential). IMO only Sony (top talent designers and developers) and Microsoft ($$$) could pull off something like this with a high spec console.

You do understand that Japan no longer is games, right? 

Stop getting so excited about a Kid Icarus remake... the original NES Icarus sucked.

PS3beats360,

please see this thread http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=5338

one of the first i ever posted in and predates you by a good bit

bonus, sane crazyman claiming the first console to reach 199 is the winner

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

d21lewis said:
Tagged so I can read this thread later.

wow.

I got to go Work in like 5 mins but I needs to read this thread too!

MikeB said:
The PS3 is currently tracking about 9 million units ahead of the PS1 taking equal timeframes (so IMO more than acceptable from a 10 years lifespan perspective), IMO it needs a drop in entry pricing and games like Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy XIII available to push the 360 into the background, like I said so a couple of years ago.

A long time ago, I stated that I expect a slimline PS3 for 2009 and if the recent evidence holds up I might end up being correct. Maybe we'll also hear more information about these two crucial games at E3.

Where are you getting this data?  VGC only seems to have data for Japan for the PS1, and it doesn't look too good for the PS3 in that region by comparison.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS&reg2=All&cons3=PS3&reg3=Japan&weeks=156

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)