By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The day the PS3 overtakes the XBox 360 in total sales

BHR-3 said:

this guy is awesome with his threads

yeah i looking forward to it aswell i think it will happen b4 2011 ends fo sure maybe even b4 2010 ends will have to wait to see wat the ps3 can do this holiday season for that though

yes ill be celebrating it aswell ill throw a party for it

WTF?  Who throws a party in regard to the sales of a bloody game console??  Who says it will be the best day of their life?  Who goes out of their way to cherry-pick meaningless statistics of PS3 vs PS1 to bolster their arguments?  This weird cult stuff you guys have going with MikeB as your group's Jim Jones is just scarey, literally.

Currently playing:  PC:  Wolfenstein  PS2:  Final Fantasy X  PS3: All-Pro Football 2K8 Wii:  Force Unleashed  PSP:  God of War: CoO Xbox 360:  Gears of War 2  

Most anticipated game:  Dragon Age Origins (PC)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
MikeB said:
The PS3 is currently tracking about 9 million units ahead of the PS1 taking equal timeframes (so IMO more than acceptable from a 10 years lifespan perspective), IMO it needs a drop in entry pricing and games like Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy XIII available to push the 360 into the background, like I said so a couple of years ago.

A long time ago, I stated that I expect a slimline PS3 for 2009 and if the recent evidence holds up I might end up being correct. Maybe we'll also hear more information about these two crucial games at E3.

Where are you getting this data?  VGC only seems to have data for Japan for the PS1, and it doesn't look too good for the PS3 in that region by comparison.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS®1=Japan&cons2=PS®2=All&cons3=PS3®3=Japan&weeks=156

lol, now what is he gonna do. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

PS3beats360 said:
Ramiel said:
The day the PS3 overtakes the XBox 360 in total sales is when M$ finally fixed their console. The only reason why 360 is still outselling PS3 is 'coz of it's faulty console, owners have to buy 2 or more 360 console to replace the old one. I know someone who has 3 360 consoles, 1 for playing while the other 2 is for reserve incase the 1st one act up on him.
And they say the PS3 is expensive, ins't it more expensive to buy 2 or more of the same console due to rrod or e74? Do the math man.

Add in annual subscriptions fees ($50 per year) to play games on XBox Live for XBox 360 and WiFi costs $100 and it ends up costing the gamer a small fortune. On the other hand PS3 has free online it costs you $0 to play games online and PS3 comes with Wifi straight out from the box no extra cost needed.

Wow, i never thought about it that way, the 360 is really expensive.  It must be ALOT better than the PS3 then if 30 million people are willing to buy it despite it's high cost.

PS3beats360 said:

PS3 and  following Sony is a religion to some, just like me.

Pathetic.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

hsrob said:
PS3beats360 said:
Ramiel said:
The day the PS3 overtakes the XBox 360 in total sales is when M$ finally fixed their console. The only reason why 360 is still outselling PS3 is 'coz of it's faulty console, owners have to buy 2 or more 360 console to replace the old one. I know someone who has 3 360 consoles, 1 for playing while the other 2 is for reserve incase the 1st one act up on him.
And they say the PS3 is expensive, ins't it more expensive to buy 2 or more of the same console due to rrod or e74? Do the math man.

Add in annual subscriptions fees ($50 per year) to play games on XBox Live for XBox 360 and WiFi costs $100 and it ends up costing the gamer a small fortune. On the other hand PS3 has free online it costs you $0 to play games online and PS3 comes with Wifi straight out from the box no extra cost needed.

Wow, i never thought about it that way, the 360 is really expensive.  It must be ALOT better than the PS3 then if 30 million people are willing to buy it despite it's high cost.

+1 for putting Captain Haddock in a post.

Around the Network
hsrob said:

+1 for putting Captain Haddock in a post.

hsrob is right. That deserves a +1 indeed

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

Are you kidding me? Have you lost your Virginity yet? There are other things in your life that should bring you happiness. Not one Company "beating" another Company..Unreal.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Holy Shit. If that will/can be the happiest day of your life, then God help you.

PS3beats360 said:
I have a dream of the PS3 overtaking the XBox 360 sometime in 2011. Thank you in advance to all the supporters having faith that PS3 will achieve this feat.

How wonderful it will be when PS3 overtakes the XBox 360 sales and this would guarantee the PS3 will live for 10 year life span as initially planned by Sony.

Dream, Believe, Create and Succeed.

First have a Dream. Believe in that dream. Create that dream into reality and you will Succeed.

I am very very sorry to burst your bubble but...

It will NOT happen

PS3Losesto360 check this out

HDMI cord = $60
 (It should COME with it LOL)

2 High Quality games = $120

Headset $50

thats $230 and the $400 PlayStation 3 entertainment System.

Total cost is $630,thats WITHOUT PS2 Backwards comp..