By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The day the PS3 overtakes the XBox 360 in total sales

PS3beats360 said:
Ausfalcon said:
Arius Dion said:
Are you kidding me? Have you lost your Virginity yet? There are other things in your life that should bring you happiness. Not one Company "beating" another Company..Unreal.

Well I don't know much about the Sony religion that one of their ranks has mentioned in this thread.  Perhaps the religions members all have to abstain from certain activity until the great day that the PS3 overtakes the Xbox 360 in total sales?  If thats the case perhaps they look forward to it with great enthusiam for reasons other then Sony's holy victory over Microsoft that day?

As a Sony stockholder its sad to see the kind of nutjob stuff.  One of these guys is at least in his thirties.  Just bizarre.

Well I am in my 20s and  not far off 30. So some of us take the console wars a bit too seriously. It is just like an average persons devotion to a sports team.

I'm disappointed in my team every year when they don't win a championship but it would be the happiest day of your life when your console finally takes 2nd place instead of 3rd? You are pretty easy to please as a die hard fan.

Also, Just in case the day never comes, I hope something that's within your control can make the second happiest day of your life.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
Derek said:
Ausfalcon said:
PS3beats360 said:

Well I am in my 20s and  not far off 30. So some of us take the console wars a bit too seriously. It is just like an average persons devotion to a sports team.

I'm sorry but the "average person" would not say that their team winning a championship was the happiest day of their life.

Case in point, I'm very happy the Steelers won the Super Bowl.  But it was not the happiest day of my life.  Not by a long shot.

Ask any Red Sox fan what the happiest day of their life was...... 

If they say the Yankees world series upset then they are lying to themselves.  I would surely hope any normal human being would put the marriage to his/her spouse, the birth of their children, retirement, etc. all above something as small as a video game war and a sports team victory.

Never been to Boston, eh?

Stop getting so excited about a Kid Icarus remake... the original NES Icarus sucked.

Derek said:

Well this is also the city that people try to save shoveled spaces in winter with garden gnomes and such.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/7093289/detail.html

So if you are right that they have more crazy zealots its not entirely suprising.  But either way its still silly.

Currently playing:  PC:  Wolfenstein  PS2:  Final Fantasy X  PS3: All-Pro Football 2K8 Wii:  Force Unleashed  PSP:  God of War: CoO Xbox 360:  Gears of War 2  

Most anticipated game:  Dragon Age Origins (PC)

I don't think that the PlayStation 3 will beat the Xbox 360 this year, pricecut and/or slim or not but in 2010 it sure will.

You can bet your savings on that!

YOU...   WILL...   LEARN...   DISCIPLINE!

PlayStation 3 is soon to make you her bitch

@Ausfalcon & nightsurge

At least Steelers and Red Sox both won the championship out of 30+ teams... PS3 would win 2nd place out of 3 teams when topic day happens... it is not comparable :)

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

Epic thread is epic.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Derek said:
nightsurge said:
Derek said:
Ausfalcon said:
PS3beats360 said:

I'm sorry but the "average person" would not say that their team winning a championship was the happiest day of their life.

Case in point, I'm very happy the Steelers won the Super Bowl.  But it was not the happiest day of my life.  Not by a long shot.

Ask any Red Sox fan what the happiest day of their life was...... 

If they say the Yankees world series upset then they are lying to themselves.  I would surely hope any normal human being would put the marriage to his/her spouse, the birth of their children, retirement, etc. all above something as small as a video game war and a sports team victory.

I have actually

Went to Filene's and Filene's Basement (spelling?), Fanueil Hall, and Newburry Street for some shopping   Bought some nice shoes and a pair of shades.

The moment this topic was posted an Angel died. 

You speak of this battle of consoles like your life depends on it. 

You speak of it in higher regard than ANYTHING in your life.

I enjoy a good console brawl as much as the next guy, but dude, this is way too much.  Also, I'm betting on a new Xbox in 2 years, so the PS3 will most likly be defeating an oponenet that has already withdrawn for a new console.  I hope the PS3 Never passes the Xbox in the console war just so you can't have your sick kicks.  People who speak of sony and ps3 like a religion deserve no peace (though if PS3 owning 360 is your best moment I suppose you have none).

saicho said:

@Ausfalcon & nightsurge

At least Steelers and Red Sox both won the championship out of 30+ teams... PS3 would win 2nd place out of 3 teams when topic day happens... it is not comparable :)

You forget that MikeB, PS3beats360, etc will then invoke the "Wii is not really part of this generation" speech.  And so will claim victory if they beat 360 total sales.  As it is their ilk have already tried to argue that PS3 is its own generation entirely and that it is #1 in its generation as no competitor is up to that generation yet.  Bascially they will argue with whatever is convenient, all to please their Sony god, or whatever they call their deity.

Currently playing:  PC:  Wolfenstein  PS2:  Final Fantasy X  PS3: All-Pro Football 2K8 Wii:  Force Unleashed  PSP:  God of War: CoO Xbox 360:  Gears of War 2  

Most anticipated game:  Dragon Age Origins (PC)

HEHEHE Red Sox's WS victory was almost as epic as when the Giants trashed the Patriots "perfect season".

OT: When the PS3 overtakes the 360 I will post this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfnVVIspY_s&feature=PlayList&p=117B312372132E04&index=1