By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The day the PS3 overtakes the XBox 360 in total sales

PS3beats360 and Xbox Man are probably the same person..

Around the Network

I`m looking forward more to Team Ico Game, FFXIII and GoW 3 day releases, than to the day, when PS3 overtakes x360 LTD sales.

Though, of`course, when x360 sales dies, more 3rd party developers will be able to optimize their games for PS3 power, which is a good thing, but PS3 1st and 2nd party games already can satisfy practically anyone. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

You and Xbox man should live together.

Gh0st4lifE said:
PS3beats360 said:

That will be the happiest day in my life. So who is looking forward to this great defining moment?

I believe within 2 years PS3 will have overtaken the XBox 360 in console sales. Just you all wait and see. PS3 has more room to drop the console price over the coming years, it has more exclusive games, greater storage capacities with Blu-Ray and a longer future due to Blu-Ray being the long lasting media format.

I am so looking forward to the PS3 total sales overtaking 360 total sales. Many people just like me will be celebrating when PS3 overtakes the 360 and some of us will be saying: "I told you so"

PS3 and  following Sony is a religion to some, just like me.

CONGRATULATIONS

you just got nominated for the 

2009 Fanboy Awards

and thats why Nintendo made Wii fit.

The PS3 is currently tracking about 9 million units ahead of the PS1 taking equal timeframes (so IMO more than acceptable from a 10 years lifespan perspective), IMO it needs a drop in entry pricing and games like Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy XIII available to push the 360 into the background, like I said so a couple of years ago.

A long time ago, I stated that I expect a slimline PS3 for 2009 and if the recent evidence holds up I might end up being correct. Maybe we'll also hear more information about these two crucial games at E3.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Welldone Ps3beats360,

People who own a 360 make me sick, for the fact that they stole all the ps3 Jrpg's, Only Play FPS's and smell like urine ... and communicate via heavy breathing on their crappy HALO. Im not a sony fan boi or anything, but most of you stupid 360 owners had a ps2, and most probably loved it ... Where is your loyalty ???

3 Words ... Death Before Dishonor

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

PS: whats with the fan boy hatred these days ... i mean, everyone is a fanboy is some form or another ... Deal with it, both consoles are good, ps3 has great aspects, and the 360 has some good aspects * mainly the Jrpg's they stole from sony*

What im trying to say is ... Every console is great ... Exept the wii LOL :p havent played mine in like 6 months ... Buy little King Story btw, bought that and its finally a good wii game

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

MikeB said:
The PS3 is currently tracking about 9 million units ahead of the PS1 taking equal timeframes (so IMO more than acceptable from a 10 years lifespan perspective), IMO it needs a drop in entry pricing and games like Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy XIII available to push the 360 into the background, like I said so a couple of years ago.

A long time ago, I stated that I expect a slimline PS3 for 2009 and if the recent evidence holds up I might end up being correct. Maybe we'll also hear more information about these two crucial games at E3.

Mike,

Is PSbeats360 a sockpuppet account of yours so that you can sound more "reasonable" under this MikeB account later in your own thread? 

LOL

Currently playing:  PC:  Wolfenstein  PS2:  Final Fantasy X  PS3: All-Pro Football 2K8 Wii:  Force Unleashed  PSP:  God of War: CoO Xbox 360:  Gears of War 2  

Most anticipated game:  Dragon Age Origins (PC)

PS3beats360 said:

That will be the happiest day in my life. So who is looking forward to this great defining moment?

I believe within 2 years PS3 will have overtaken the XBox 360 in console sales. Just you all wait and see. PS3 has more room to drop the console price over the coming years, it has more exclusive games, greater storage capacities with Blu-Ray and a longer future due to Blu-Ray being the long lasting media format.

I am so looking forward to the PS3 total sales overtaking 360 total sales. Many people just like me will be celebrating when PS3 overtakes the 360 and some of us will be saying: "I told you so"

PS3 and  following Sony is a religion to some, just like me.

This could only happen if the PS3 went back in time a couple years and started selling more weekly in 2007.  I know how you guys love to tote the power of the cell, but I'm pretty sure it can't do time travel.

Stop getting so excited about a Kid Icarus remake... the original NES Icarus sucked.

I think this thread is amazing...

It started out with a crazy OP who stated that the PS3 beating the 360 will be the happiest day of his life, that he dreams about it, and that following Sony is a religion to him...

He's ridiculed by others for basically having no life... and then its followed by cherry picked data from MikeB proclaiming the PS3 is doing just as great as the PS1, and some crazy dude with a toast avatar proclaiming his absolute hate for the 360 and says Halo players smell like urine...

A_M_A_Z_I_N_G !!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)