By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hello! I'd like a PS3 for $199.

Wow people are cheep, wait years to save 100 is just sad.

Around the Network
Kantor said:

If I ever do pick up a PS3 this will be about when I do it, so sweet that's a price I'm willing to pay.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

i think this is a joke

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

axumblade said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
makingmusic476 said:
How about $299? This Fall?

Makin, I'd buy ANOTHER PS3 for 299 this fall, lol. I wish that would happen. :(

I'm confused...I thought you had a ps3 for some reason. lol

I do, lol, that's why I said "ANOTHER" in all capital letters. :D

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

makingmusic476 said:
How about $299? This Fall?

Didn't Sony just announce more than a 1 billion dollar loss for the year and wasn't the loss spearheaded by their video game division?

They can't afford to drop the price of the PS3.  I think it will just continue to flounder with mediocre sales.

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
BMaker11 said:
Didn't you pay $400 for your 360? A $199 PS3 would be nice, but I'm tired of 360 owners saying that $400 is too expensive when most of you bought a 360 at that price.

And I think the PS3 will be that price by 2012, maybe 2013

I'm tired of PS3-owners not looking through the facts in this thread -_-

1. I said very clearly that the PS3 is too expensive for me now. It is possible to have different amounts of cash at different times.

2. 360 was simply a lot more valuable to me. Why? Because it had way more games. See, as a Wii-owner, I didn't have access to the great multiplats like DMC4, Assassin's Creed and GTA4. So 360 had about 15 games I wanted, which does a lot more to warrant the price than the PS3 currently does for me with it's 3 must-buy(for me) games. I already have the multiplats I want, so those are of no value to me when looking at the PS3 library.

So you're saying that at the time you bought your 360 you did not really look ahead and come to the conclusion that the Sony console would have better exclusive titles because of Sony's extensive development of in-house game developing studios which trump both Nintendo's and Microsoft's, combined.

PSN ID= bigdaddymoo

MSI GT725-074 owner..... TRUE BEAST.. COD4 is a different game on PC.

Hello i would like a $10 Wii, then atleast i will say its one of the best systems evar created. :P

360 is not worth $200 its a worthless piece of shit

vthokiesrmoo said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
BMaker11 said:
Didn't you pay $400 for your 360? A $199 PS3 would be nice, but I'm tired of 360 owners saying that $400 is too expensive when most of you bought a 360 at that price.

And I think the PS3 will be that price by 2012, maybe 2013

I'm tired of PS3-owners not looking through the facts in this thread -_-

1. I said very clearly that the PS3 is too expensive for me now. It is possible to have different amounts of cash at different times.

2. 360 was simply a lot more valuable to me. Why? Because it had way more games. See, as a Wii-owner, I didn't have access to the great multiplats like DMC4, Assassin's Creed and GTA4. So 360 had about 15 games I wanted, which does a lot more to warrant the price than the PS3 currently does for me with it's 3 must-buy(for me) games. I already have the multiplats I want, so those are of no value to me when looking at the PS3 library.

So you're saying that at the time you bought your 360 you did not really look ahead and come to the conclusion that the Sony console would have better exclusive titles because of Sony's extensive development of in-house game developing studios which trump both Nintendo's and Microsoft's, combined.

Definitely not. I'm saying that, to me, Nintendo's in-house studios are far, far better than any other studio that exists. Microsoft is slightly worse than Sony (from my experience -- Not a Halo fan, so that doesn't really do it for me), but I like the 360 console better, and it was also cheaper. I don't regret either of my purchases, I'm only saying that the PS3 has a lot less value to me now than the 360 had then because I've already got all the multiplats I want. That's like 13 games vs 3 games.