By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hello! I'd like a PS3 for $199.

Hello Sony-fans! Recently, I've found myself somewhat drawn to want a PS3 mostly because of games like Uncharted and inFamous. But after a quick check, I still think it's just way too expensive for me. Now, I realise $199 is a very, very low price, but I'm in no hurry at all. So I'm just wondering, when do you think the console might've dropped to such a price?

Around the Network

I think that the closest thing you will get in the next 3 years or so is a slim or a normal PS3 $300

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Not any time soon. You'll have a long wait, methinks. I suggest you start saving.

Hapimeses said:
Not any time soon. You'll have a long wait, methinks. I suggest you start saving.

I'm really not in a hurry, though. I'm not sure I'm comfortable paying $300-400 for a console with only 3 games I really wanna play on it.

How about $299? This Fall?

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Hapimeses said:

I'm really not in a hurry, though. I'm not sure I'm comfortable paying $300-400 for a console with only 3 games I really wanna play on it.

I can understand and agree with that. Given only 3 games appeal, I'd hold off unless you really want to play them; the games will still be around in a year or so, after all. Personally, there is much more to the PS3 than three games, but that's my situation, not yours.

It seems likely you have a prolonged wait ahead as a $199 prices seems far off; but console yourself that more games are likely to join your list of 3 as the months go by -- the PS3 seems to have many exclusives coming its way in the next year or two.

If only 3 game appeal I agree with waiting.
As for $200? I'd say you have quite a wait me thinks.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

As a small aside: if the PS3 was $199 tomorrow, I'd by a second one immediately. Hell, if it does drop to $299 in autumn, I may do so, anyway.

Buy it used when it drops to 299/249

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective