By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hello! I'd like a PS3 for $199.

$199.99 PS3 is not happening, or maybe if you want to wait 5 years.

Around the Network

Didn't you pay $400 for your 360? A $199 PS3 would be nice, but I'm tired of 360 owners saying that $400 is too expensive when most of you bought a 360 at that price.

And I think the PS3 will be that price by 2012, maybe 2013

Well if your planning to get a PS3 GT5 is another must buy.

Count me in with the @OP

inFamous, LBP, ?.... ummm hmmmm.I got nothing else.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

BMaker11 said:
Didn't you pay $400 for your 360? A $199 PS3 would be nice, but I'm tired of 360 owners saying that $400 is too expensive when most of you bought a 360 at that price.

And I think the PS3 will be that price by 2012, maybe 2013

I'm tired of PS3-owners not looking through the facts in this thread -_-

1. I said very clearly that the PS3 is too expensive for me now. It is possible to have different amounts of cash at different times.

2. 360 was simply a lot more valuable to me. Why? Because it had way more games. See, as a Wii-owner, I didn't have access to the great multiplats like DMC4, Assassin's Creed and GTA4. So 360 had about 15 games I wanted, which does a lot more to warrant the price than the PS3 currently does for me with it's 3 must-buy(for me) games. I already have the multiplats I want, so those are of no value to me when looking at the PS3 library.

Around the Network

How much did you pay for the Wii OP? $200+ am I correct? (I think my mom bought one for 250ish)

Akvod said:
How much did you pay for the Wii OP? $200+ am I correct? (I think my mom bought one for 250ish)

Yeah, I bought it from the second shipment, and there were more than 3 games announced that I wanted. It's not just "Well this console costs as much as your others did, so you shouldn't whine!". It's because the PS3 doesn't have as many available games that I want ... You know, value for the money I'm spending and all that. Why do half of the people posting in this thread not think that makes sense? :x

I have a 360, btw......so call me a dual owner, not just a PS3-owner lol

Edit: and those great mutliplats were out when the PS3 dropped to $400...

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Akvod said:

Yeah, I bought it from the second shipment, and there were more than 3 games announced that I wanted. It's not just "Well this console costs as much as your others did, so you shouldn't whine!". It's because the PS3 doesn't have as many available games that I want ... You know, value for the money I'm spending and all that. Why do half of the people posting in this thread not think that makes sense? :x

A bluray player itself costs around $199. So it should at least be worth more than $199. Even if you don't care about Blu-ray, objectively the PS3 should be worth more than a stand alone Bluray player with its added features (playing games)

Akvod said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Akvod said:

A bluray player itself costs around $199. So it should at least be worth more than $199. Even if you don't care about Blu-ray, objectively the PS3 should be worth more than a stand alone Bluray player with its added features (playing games)

But it's not. I don't want bluray. Why should it be worth $200 to me when I don't want it? I'm not buying a blu-ray player, because I don't want a blu-ray player. I'm looking to buy a games console. The blu-ray is a non-factor in my purchase.