By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hello! I'd like a PS3 for $199.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
You don't need to have played previous game in the series to enjoy Ratchet and Clank. There's no real continuity in the story and they're all pretty much the same game with minor improvements over the years.

Again, I'll use Gametrailers to try to convince you :P

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-ratchet/26714

Sorry, but I don't really care if I have to or not. It's just something I have to do to myself, pretty much. If I want to play a franchise I want to play it properly.

Your game collection says otherwise :P

Really? o.o What franchises? I'm sure there are a few that are like that, such as Final Fantasy, but that's because I played FF7 when I was about 7 years old, and it was simply the only FF available to me at the time, and I started up from there, so to speak. What other franchises?

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Megadude said:
PS3 for $1999 probably in 2011 if you follow the price drop trends. But one other thing. The PS3 plays bluray movies and if you have an HDTV you will looove the sexy crispness that is bluray.

Sorry, but I really can't tell the difference between DVD quality and bluray quality.

May I add that I'm very happy to see that you've changed avatars, your last one always annoyed me for some reason.

No, anyone can see the difference between Bluray and DVD. I have "Planet Earth" on Bluray and my friend had the DVD version.

I had them both playing and we switched back and forth between the two and there was no comparison the DVD looked like vomit in comparison.

Now someone might tell you that Bluray is too expensive. But not for me. I just rent them most of the time from netflix of blockbuster. They come in the Mail and I put in the PS3 and BANG best quality on the market. Much better then shutting down my internetz for 12 hours trying to download HD on itunes. It's a nice little bonus to have this sexy sexy feature.

Megadude said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Megadude said:
PS3 for $1999 probably in 2011 if you follow the price drop trends. But one other thing. The PS3 plays bluray movies and if you have an HDTV you will looove the sexy crispness that is bluray.

Sorry, but I really can't tell the difference between DVD quality and bluray quality.

May I add that I'm very happy to see that you've changed avatars, your last one always annoyed me for some reason.

No, anyone can se the difference between Bluray and DVD. I have "Planet Earth" on Bluray and my friend had the DVD version.

I had them both playing and we switched back and forth between the two and there was no comparison the DVD looked like vomit in comparison.

Now someone might tell you that Bluray is too expensive. But not for me. I just rent them most of the time from netflix of blockbuster. They come in the Mail and I put in the PS3 and BANG best quality on the market. Much better then shutting down my internetz for 12 hours trying to download HD on itunes. It's a nice little bonus to have this sexy sexy feature.

I'm telling you, I really haven't been able to notice any real difference. And even if I did start to notice difference, I'm fine with DVDs.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Megadude said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Megadude said:

No, anyone can se the difference between Bluray and DVD. I have "Planet Earth" on Bluray and my friend had the DVD version.

I'm telling you, I really haven't been able to notice any real difference. And even if I did start to notice difference, I'm fine with DVDs.

Then the PS3 is not for you it's for people who want the bang for their buck and that includes a free Bluray player. The PS3 will go down to $199. Not in 2020 or some shit like that. Most likely 2011. So You have about 2 years to save up.

Megadude said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Megadude said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Megadude said:

Then the PS3 is not for you it's for people who want the bang for their buck and that includes a free Bluray player. The PS3 will go down to $199. Not in 2020 or some shit like that. Most likely 2011. So You have about 2 years to save up.

That's good, then. Though I don't see why PS3 is only for people who aren't okay with DVDs O.o

Around the Network

maybe tomorrow'¡

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
You don't need to have played previous game in the series to enjoy Ratchet and Clank. There's no real continuity in the story and they're all pretty much the same game with minor improvements over the years.

Again, I'll use Gametrailers to try to convince you :P

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-ratchet/26714

Sorry, but I don't really care if I have to or not. It's just something I have to do to myself, pretty much. If I want to play a franchise I want to play it properly.

Your game collection says otherwise :P

Really? o.o What franchises? I'm sure there are a few that are like that, such as Final Fantasy, but that's because I played FF7 when I was about 7 years old, and it was simply the only FF available to me at the time, and I started up from there, so to speak. What other franchises?

Fire Emblem, Tekken, Fatal Frame, Dragon Quest, F-Zero. Grand Theft Auto, Paper Mario. There are too many for me to remember this late at night x_x

If you are ever planning on upgrading to HD, and need a blu-ray player, there is your reason to pay $299

mM
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Zlejedi said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Zlejedi said:
Guys don't feed the troll.
I wonder how soon I'd get banned if i started thread on Wii forums asking when it price drops to 50$ becouse I can't pay more for SD only machine.

... wat. How the hell am I a troll?

You post is basically just another variation of "ps3 is too expensive and it has not enough good games" just worded politly.

As such you are stealth trolling imho.

I'm taking this as a personal insult. How on earth is this thread trolling? I openly state in my opening post that I realize $199 is a very low price. God, guys like you will get defensive about anything, won't you? If you won't apologize, I'd appreciate you getting the hell out of this thread.

$199 isn't just a very low price, its a retarded price with zero justification as to why you should be able to own the hardware for less than half the price Sony is paying for it. Would I go onto a forum about cars and be talking about how I want a certain car, but for only half its price? No, people would tell me that I am retarded. Then you go on to say there are only 3 games on the PS3 you want to play. I'm sure if you owned a PS3 you would be picking a whole lot more than 3 games. TROLL

PSN ID= bigdaddymoo

MSI GT725-074 owner..... TRUE BEAST.. COD4 is a different game on PC.

I saw one on craigslist for 150 with MGS.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling