By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why is Killzone 2 such a big release?

I get that the game is really pretty. I get that it's a first person shooter, and thus like all first person shooters, must garner massive amounts of attention. But...it's Killzone. Am I the only one that remembers what the first game was like? It was sorely average, and almost every review reflected that. Is this a case of looks over substance or am I missing something here?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

This won't go well ... 

Well it had time put in to it and it doesnt look bad.

I'm definately not a sony fanboy but it's the only game I'm looking forward to on the ps3, and I'll stand by that the first game was actually underrated

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soriku said:
Fanboy hype. Look at Lair for example.

You really shouldn't post on the Sony forum if you can't be constructive. You ignore all the positive things about Killzone 2 and compare it to Lair..... I could go to the Nintendo/Microsoft boards and spread **** like that but I don't. Have some class...

Seriously, GTFO.

Sony is working closely with Guerilla, the impressions on everything expect the AI have been very impressive and Sony have stated that the AI is still in early development. Basically, this game is shaping up to be the definitive FPS game on the PS3 and a showcase of what the PS3 can do. That's why the game is getting a lot of hype, if you follow events it's easy to see why it's getting hyped.

Around the Network

It is supposed to be the greatest FPS of all time.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I am going to say this every time on the Sony board to get it out of the way.

did not take long for the wii60 trolls to hit.

Well if you just look at killzone 1 videos it was extreemly boring, this one KZ2 on the other hand is not.

Killzone 2 is expected to be the best shooter on the ps3.

mM

Thank god you think it isn't the best FPS ever anymore leo-j.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Vg could use some mods that aren't wii bais, support Hus for mod.

This troll thread should already be closed, would be closed if someone "wink" was a mod.