By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why is Killzone 2 such a big release?

Phalanx said:
makingmusic476 said:
Phalanx said:
Obviously my point has been lost. Perhaps UT wasn't the best example. How about MoH4. That has color to it. Crysis does as well. They are both realistic and IN MY OPINION have better art direction.

I am not in anyway saying Killzone sucks. As I said in my first post, I am interested in seeing how it turns out.

As a side note, is it just me or does the mouth animation in the trailer look 'strange'? It looks like the characters jaws are moving vertically instead of on a hinge joint.

I thought the facial animations overall looked pretty good, except for Rico's (the bald guy). Rico in general just look ugly as hell in KZ2. He looked much better in KZ1, but the graphics were horrible in comparison, so maybe we just couldn't see his ugliness back then. :P

lol

He's the one that stuck out the most, probably because he did the most talking. Seriously though, that has to be a new level of ugliness if you look better on a last-gen system...

Well, he looks better from a technical standpoint in KZ2, but overall, he's just a fugly guy.

Around the Network

To anyone that actually posted something on topic, thank you. To the rest of you; seriously you're like bickering children.

I don't know why some people are getting so defensive. I bring up a legitimate point here. Killzone 2 is the sequel to a very average game, so says the general gaming population. The gent that made the point about Lair was dead on. Who in their right mind would have ever thought that Lair was going to be recieved that poorly? If you look up most previews on Uncharted also, you'll see a lot of skepticism by the press that has seen the in-game action and played it. There are aiming issues in the game and almost every article says that it needs to be ironed out. All I'm asking is if this game Killzone 2 deserves all the press it's getting, or is it all hype? Like some said, they're HOPING this is the "Halo Killer". I feel this game is recieving more attention than it deserves and I'm seriously skeptical about whether it will really deliver in the end. I'm also basing this on the fact that Sony as of recently has overhyped and underdelivered on a lot of major first party releases for the PS3. Motorstorm, Lair, and Heavenly Sword were nowhere in the critical range they were intended to be. Uncharted looks to be going in the same direction. The only two that delivered on the promise we're Warhawk and Resistance.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

goooooooooooooo killzone2

killzone2 =halo killer!!!!!   

PS3 4 life

games playing

PS3:resident evil /resistance / killzone2/fallout3/uncharted/cod4/MGS4/socom/far cry2/biochock/dead space/street fighter4 

XBOX360:Gears of War/ Bioshock/ Halo3/ gears of war2/left 4 dead/mass effect/fable 2/dead rising

Wii:Zelda TP/ Resident evil 4/ Metriod Prime 3

PSP:Only bought it for God of War and the remote control for my PS3gamertag/PSN=  Dumbkilla

Wii#  0378860588753451

I thought the facial animations overall looked pretty good, except for Rico's (the bald guy). Rico in general just look ugly as hell in KZ2. He looked much better in KZ1, but the graphics were horrible in comparison, so maybe we just couldn't see his ugliness back then. :P

==> the bald guy ?
the bald brown guy who is leading you in KZ2 beginning ?
because I think he should stop to use botox on his eyes !!!!

Time to Work !

Hus said:
dtewi said:
BenKenobi does not let his personal biases get in the way of modding. He has warned me. Stof is another good example. He has banned gballzack over 15 times. And Ben also banned himself. So if you think your personal biases will get in the way of being a mod you cannot be a mod at all.

THE MODS DO NOT LET THEIR PERSONAL BIASES AFFECT THEIR MODDING.

Rolf.

Every wii thread i will bitch about something, evey wii thread kissing its sales i will complain about its pathetic hardware. I will complain that a game lack traditions controller support i will complain about how it looks. I will post pics i make making fun of the wii being childish an for soccer moms and crap of that sort.

Wii games dont look as good as PS3 games, wii hardware is weak adn ben him self ha sposted pics making fun of games (lair) so i will make similar of MP8. Its not bais its just reality.

So Anwser this you are happy with me pointing out the flaws of wii and wii game sin the wii forum ?????

You seem very scared of even the idea of me being a mod, got all defensive there dude do you even think that would happen in this pro wii place ? me a mod is more of a haha thing then a real scenerio.

ok so what's going to be different?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
Hus said:
dtewi said:
BenKenobi does not let his personal biases get in the way of modding. He has warned me. Stof is another good example. He has banned gballzack over 15 times. And Ben also banned himself. So if you think your personal biases will get in the way of being a mod you cannot be a mod at all.

THE MODS DO NOT LET THEIR PERSONAL BIASES AFFECT THEIR MODDING.

Rolf.

Every wii thread i will bitch about something, evey wii thread kissing its sales i will complain about its pathetic hardware. I will complain that a game lack traditions controller support i will complain about how it looks. I will post pics i make making fun of the wii being childish an for soccer moms and crap of that sort.

Wii games dont look as good as PS3 games, wii hardware is weak adn ben him self ha sposted pics making fun of games (lair) so i will make similar of MP8. Its not bais its just reality.

So Anwser this you are happy with me pointing out the flaws of wii and wii game sin the wii forum ?????

You seem very scared of even the idea of me being a mod, got all defensive there dude do you even think that would happen in this pro wii place ? me a mod is more of a haha thing then a real scenerio.

Firstly, what is your obsession with Rolf? Who is Rolf?

Secondly, you can make pictures making fun of MP8 if you want as long as they are funny and not offensive. I don't think anybody would actually care.

Thirdly, I think people have realised that Wii hardware isnt as powerful as PS3 hardware and that the games graphics arent as technically impressive.

I am (and I assume the rest of the community is too) quite happy for you to post flaws about the Wii and its games in the Nintendo forum as long as you do it appropriately, which knowing you you wouldnt. For example waltzing into a random thread about 'Wii reaches sales milestone' and saying 'Yeah but its graphics are teh shitz lolol' would not be acceptable. However waltzing into a thread saying 'Super Mario Galaxy looks as good as PS3 games' and making a reasoned and logical argument as to why its not true would be acceptable.

Oh and the reason people are scared of the idea of you being a mod is because you would be the worst mod ever. Srsly. I would rather have Gballzack or Blue3 as a mod than you. Your simply too defensive of the PS3, every time somebody criticised Sony I have the feeling they would end up with a ban.

@rath
ROFL

Rolling on floor laughing

mM

Killzone 2 isnt about dull gray stuff to anyone that stated it, the first killzone had tree's but terrible graphics, I expect this one will have some light and forests, it would be stupid not to. It looks pretty fun to kill the helghask(better than killzone 1 the gun shots were annoying!!, kzLB for psp was great).

mM
leo-j said:
@rath
ROFL

Rolling on floor laughing

I know =P its just that Hus always manages to get the letter order wrong XD.

Onyxmeth said:
I get that the game is really pretty. I get that it's a first person shooter, and thus like all first person shooters, must garner massive amounts of attention. But...it's Killzone. Am I the only one that remembers what the first game was like? It was sorely average, and almost every review reflected that. Is this a case of looks over substance or am I missing something here?

Killzoine is a big release??!??!? 

Am I missing something?!?

I never knew it was a big release.