By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why is Killzone 2 such a big release?

Hus said:
Phalanx said:
On topic. I'll be very interested to see how Killzone turns out. Technologically, it looks amazing. I just hate the art direction. Same with Gears. I don't want to play a game that's nothing but light grey, dark grey and blood.

yahh becasue wars are full of pink green light blue and all the pretty colours.

That's the main thing that bothers me about Halo. Well, Halo MP really. They should give you more options for camoflaged suits. All those bright colors are very unrealistic. Wearing a bright pink suit in the middle of a battlefield is just asking to get shot.

Around the Network
Hus said:
Phalanx said:
Hus said:
Phalanx said:
On topic. I'll be very interested to see how Killzone turns out. Technologically, it looks amazing. I just hate the art direction. Same with Gears. I don't want to play a game that's nothing but light grey, dark grey and blood.

Unreal Tournament says hello.

Besides, I don't really want to walk around a mission and say: "Hey look, a grey rock. Look, another grey rock. Where's that grey hallway I was just in?". That's not good art direction. But I'm an artist, so perhaps that means more to me than others.

if your an artict you should appreciate the realistic and griity art style of Killzone.

UT3 is Not killzone, can you understand the differences between those two games ?

I can appreciate the 'realistic and gritty style' of Killzone, that doesn't mean I have to like it.  It's called personal opinion, a concept you seem to have trouble with.

Phalanx said:
Hus said:
Phalanx said:

Besides, I don't really want to walk around a mission and say: "Hey look, a grey rock. Look, another grey rock. Where's that grey hallway I was just in?". That's not good art direction. But I'm an artist, so perhaps that means more to me than others.

Unreal isn't supposed to present a realstic war setting.  It doesn't matter if you blend into your environment in that game because it's all about fast-pace, in your face, twitch shooting.

Phalanx said:
Hus said:
Phalanx said:
Hus said:
Phalanx said:

if your an artict you should appreciate the realistic and griity art style of Killzone.

UT3 is Not killzone, can you understand the differences between those two games ?

I can appreciate the 'realistic and gritty style' of Killzone, that doesn't mean I have to like it. It's called personal opinion, a concept you seem to have trouble with.

Ok then, so dont play them ok.

Obviously my point has been lost. Perhaps UT wasn't the best example. How about MoH4. That has color to it. Crysis does as well. They are both realistic and IN MY OPINION have better art direction.

I am not in anyway saying Killzone sucks. As I said in my first post, I am interested in seeing how it turns out.

As a side note, is it just me or does the mouth animation in the trailer look 'strange'? It looks like the characters jaws are moving vertically instead of on a hinge joint.

Around the Network

fanboys in general make me sick

Phalanx said:
Hus said:
Phalanx said:

hrmmm, The main character is invading a land where there are heavy clouds that blot out the sun because the enemies have weather control devices..... and you want more colorful rocks and hallways?? unless the helghast are making rainbows with those weather devices that they use, i really don't see why people are upset with the color of grey. Isn't that what heavy shadows do to objects??? I know it's your opinion, but i don't know what you are gripping about... especially if your basing the entire art direction of a game offa one pre-alpha demo where the usage of dark and shady colors are SUPPOSED to be there.

bbsin,

You're right, it's not fair of me to judge a game based on one pre-alpha demo. That's why I want to see the rest of it to see if the art direction gets better. But from what I have seen, I'm not impressed. I'm perfectly willing to withhold judgment until the game is released.

Phalanx said:
Obviously my point has been lost. Perhaps UT wasn't the best example. How about MoH4. That has color to it. Crysis does as well. They are both realistic and IN MY OPINION have better art direction.

I am not in anyway saying Killzone sucks. As I said in my first post, I am interested in seeing how it turns out.

As a side note, is it just me or does the mouth animation in the trailer look 'strange'? It looks like the characters jaws are moving vertically instead of on a hinge joint.

I thought the facial animations overall looked pretty good, except for Rico's (the bald guy). Rico in general just look ugly as hell in KZ2.  He looked much better in KZ1, but the graphics were horrible in comparison, so maybe we just couldn't see his ugliness back then. :P

makingmusic476 said:
Phalanx said:

I thought the facial animations overall looked pretty good, except for Rico's (the bald guy). Rico in general just look ugly as hell in KZ2. He looked much better in KZ1, but the graphics were horrible in comparison, so maybe we just couldn't see his ugliness back then. :P

lol

He's the one that stuck out the most, probably because he did the most talking.  Seriously though, that has to be a new level of ugliness if you look better on a last-gen system...