By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - TMNT: Smash Up! - new trailer, first footage

LordTheNightKnight said:
theprof00 said:
this is not multi-plat why?

If the Wii gets Beyond Good & Evil 2, then we can talk.

would never sell.

TMNT would sell on other plats. TMNT is nerdcore.

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
theprof00 said:

Most likely because the Smash Bros team has an engine and knowledge of the Wii hardware to make it cheap to develop for and easy to optimize... you know common sense :P

I'm pretty sure wii games can be ported very cheaply to the other consoles. Unless this game is owned by Nintendo by means of the smash bros team involvement.

I'm shocked no one posted the Reggie gif to that multi plat question.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

theprof00 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
theprof00 said:

would never sell.

Looks like we got a fanboy here.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

theprof00 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
theprof00 said:

Most likely because the Smash Bros team has an engine and knowledge of the Wii hardware to make it cheap to develop for and easy to optimize... you know common sense :P

I'm pretty sure wii games can be ported very cheaply to the other consoles. Unless this game is owned by Nintendo by means of the smash bros team involvement.

Not really when you have to recode everything to work with said hardware, then optimize for said system, then on top of all that most likely improve the graphics cause otherwise people will say it looks like shit and ignore it...

Then yes it is cheap to port <_<... I really don't get where people have the idea that porting is some simple task of running it through some program or burning the game onto the format of another system... you have to do all that code over again to work with things like the cell... which takes time and therefore money to do

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
theprof00 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
theprof00 said:

would never sell.

Looks like we got a fanboy here.

cool story bro.

I'd like to see you actually argue the facts rather than change the subject.

@maxwell

not necessarily ps3, but it could be very very easily on 3-6. By "easily", I mean it would only cost a few hundred thou.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
theprof00 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
theprof00 said:

Not really when you have to recode everything to work with said hardware, then optimize for said system, then on top of all that most likely improve the graphics cause otherwise people will say it looks like shit and ignore it...

Then yes it is cheap to port <_<... I really don't get where people have the idea that porting is some simple task of running it through some program or burning the game onto the format of another system... you have to do all that code over again to work with things like the cell... which takes time and therefore money to do

I think a lot of us (and I used to) think that it's just a matter of taking data and code files and doing some reformatting. Look at all those who bash Wii ports because they were obviously cheap cash-ins.

They aren't. For one thing, any PS2 to Wii game has to deal with the fact that the PS2 has 4MB of EDRAM, and the Wii has only 3MB. The Wii more tham makes up for it with the 24MB of IT-SRAM, but the 4thMB still has to be adjusted for that. That means ever level in the game has to be carefully recoded to fit on the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

look, these are the facts for both max and lord:

The game is a smash brothers clone without the Nintendo characters. Right there it has multiplat opportunities.

It is a good game for people who bought an HD console but still like the mechanics of smash brothers.

It's Ninja Turtles for god's sake. It would sell.

We are talking TMNT smash brothers ported to another console. We aren't talking GTA4 or Gears here. It would not be that expensive. The game doesn't need to be optimized for the cell. Most wii games cost a fraction of hd games. Not because it is that much easier, but because they coding is simpler and less of it needed.

Original fans of TMNT are about 25-28 right now, perfect HD demographic.

It's a fighter, and one that doesn't fit in with much on the HD side. It's good for diversity.

EDIT: @lord
you make a good point about porting to the wii. But howabout from the wii?

theprof00 said:

look, these are the facts for both max and lord:

The game is a smash brothers clone without the Nintendo characters. Right there it has multiplat opportunities.

It is a good game for people who bought an HD console but still like the mechanics of smash brothers.

It's Ninja Turtles for god's sake. It would sell.

We are talking TMNT smash brothers ported to another console. We aren't talking GTA4 or Gears here. It would not be that expensive. The game doesn't need to be optimized for the cell. Most wii games cost a fraction of hd games. Not because it is that much easier, but because they coding is simpler and less of it needed.

Original fans of TMNT are about 25-28 right now, perfect HD demographic.

It's a fighter, and one that doesn't fit in with much on the HD side. It's good for diversity.

EDIT: @lord
you make a good point about porting to the wii. But howabout from the wii?

1. I didn't claim it would sell. You claimed BG&E 2 wouldn't sell on the Wii. Since there is no proof (and the first game didn't sell that well on any system), that's what I was calling you on.

2. The 360 uses EDRAM, but it's all for the frame buffer. Unless the EDRAM for this game is all frame buffer, that has to be adjusted. The PS3 has no EDRAM, so that's even more work. But that's only the beginning. Every line of code is written for how the game would run on the Wii. They would all have to be done over on the HD systems. And if the assets are enhanced, that's even more work.

wooo wooooow