By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - TMNT: Smash Up! - new trailer, first footage

KylieDog said:
No Wii Speak no buy.

Wait. Was this reported to have online?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
No Wii Speak no buy.

No Wii Speak?  Is online even confirmed?

looks very good

LordTheNightKnight said:

1. I didn't claim it would sell. You claimed BG&E 2 wouldn't sell on the Wii. Since there is no proof (and the first game didn't sell that well on any system), that's what I was calling you on.

2. The 360 uses EDRAM, but it's all for the frame buffer. Unless the EDRAM for this game is all frame buffer, that has to be adjusted. The PS3 has no EDRAM, so that's even more work. But that's only the beginning. Every line of code is written for how the game would run on the Wii. They would all have to be done over on the HD systems. And if the assets are enhanced, that's even more work.

Maybe you didn't realize that you were putting the two games on equal footing but that's what you did. You reversed the situation with a game that you wanted. I'm saying that the situations are not the same. My points being that I don't think that kind of game appeals to the demographic, and  on top of that, it is a relatively unknown brand.

Just because you want BGAE2 doesn't mean everyone will buy it. It's too bad that niether side can be proven unless both games went multi-plat. All we can do is look at similar games and judge based on that. I'm sorry I said it would "never sell". I was being hyperbolic and I didn't realize you would actually take "never" at face value. It would sell. But not some huge number. In fact it would be much harder to justify the cost of porting the game to the wii, than to port a huge brand name to the HD consoles.

If you want the game then buy the system. I personally don't care about TMNT brawl, but I know that there is decent TMNT fanbase on the HD consoles and it would be financially beneficial to have it as a multiplat.

It would only take some translation, it wouldn't require a completely original code, well it might possibly (though very very unlikely), but it's not like they don't have a framwork to go by. Is a few hundred thousand too little? I think you're trying to make it seem harder than it actually is.

here's some more information: (this one is TMNT on 36 outselling the wii version by twice the amount.)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6140&region=All

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6139&region=All

"Just because you want BGAE2 doesn't mean everyone will buy it."

Where did I even claim that. Just because you claimed the opposite doesn't mean I claimed this.

As for "equal footing", BG&E 2 has been a highly anticipated game, and this, while cool, has only recently been announce. If anything, in terms of gamers wants, BG&E 2 tops this game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

highly anticipated among us lord. Among us. WE are a very very small portion of the demographic sir. You would do well to understand that.

EDIT: I'm done arguing. You obviously really like the BG&E franchise. Nothing is ever going to come of this because we aren't even on the same platform. I'm talking about good business and you are talking about personal interests.

theprof00 said:

highly anticipated among us lord. Among us. WE are a very very small portion of the demographic sir. You would do well to understand that.

EDIT: I'm done arguing. You obviously really like the BG&E franchise. Nothing is ever going to come of this because we aren't even on the same platform. I'm talking about good business and you are talking about personal interests.

You didn't argue. You made a BS claim about a game not selling on one system, and rather than cop to it, you claimed I claimed the opposite. That has nothing to do with the TMNT game. I know it would likely sell better, but it is true that a more anticipated game (if this was Tournament Fighter 2, made by Konami, that would be a different story) being ported to the Wii would be something of a tradeoff for this game being ported to the other two.

theprof00 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

1. I didn't claim it would sell. You claimed BG&E 2 wouldn't sell on the Wii. Since there is no proof (and the first game didn't sell that well on any system), that's what I was calling you on.

2. The 360 uses EDRAM, but it's all for the frame buffer. Unless the EDRAM for this game is all frame buffer, that has to be adjusted. The PS3 has no EDRAM, so that's even more work. But that's only the beginning. Every line of code is written for how the game would run on the Wii. They would all have to be done over on the HD systems. And if the assets are enhanced, that's even more work.

Maybe you didn't realize that you were putting the two games on equal footing but that's what you did. You reversed the situation with a game that you wanted. I'm saying that the situations are not the same. My points being that I don't think that kind of game appeals to the demographic, and  on top of that, it is a relatively unknown brand.

Just because you want BGAE2 doesn't mean everyone will buy it. It's too bad that niether side can be proven unless both games went multi-plat. All we can do is look at similar games and judge based on that. I'm sorry I said it would "never sell". I was being hyperbolic and I didn't realize you would actually take "never" at face value. It would sell. But not some huge number. In fact it would be much harder to justify the cost of porting the game to the wii, than to port a huge brand name to the HD consoles.

If you want the game then buy the system. I personally don't care about TMNT brawl, but I know that there is decent TMNT fanbase on the HD consoles and it would be financially beneficial to have it as a multiplat.

It would only take some translation, it wouldn't require a completely original code, well it might possibly (though very very unlikely), but it's not like they don't have a framwork to go by. Is a few hundred thousand too little? I think you're trying to make it seem harder than it actually is.

here's some more information: (this one is TMNT on 36 outselling the wii version by twice the amount.)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6140&region=All

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6139&region=All

Two very terrible games selling poorly, I think it's more proof that shovelware doesn't sell on Wii then anything :P but if you want to get back to the common sense issue I brought up before... TMNT is a big American IP, the game released when 360 was the North American console leader, common sense says it has the best chance to sell well... so try again?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

arsenal009 said:
theprof00 said:
this is not multi-plat why?

Maybe u should start a Ubi boycott?

For all those ppl saying this looks like a clone:  How many Street Fighter or 3D fighter clones are there?  How many Mario Bros clones are out there?  How many shooter clones are there?

Smash Bros is the best type of fighting game & i'm happy someone is making something similar.

As for TMNT fans, check out this comic strip that shows the reason Leo & Ralph have the fight in the trailer, it's hilarious  :D

http://tmntgame.us.ubi.com/

Haha, that comic strip was pretty hilarious :D

Have I missed something but whyare people waiting teenaged mutant ninja turtles game?
I watched this when I was about 5 years old.

Take my love, take my land..