By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - TMNT: Smash Up! - new trailer, first footage

There are many reasons for why this game is not multiplat.One reason could be Game Freaks took the cheap way out and just reused Smash bros. Engine which is owned by Nintendo.This to me is the most likely scenario sincethis TMNT game seems too identical and somewhat quick development time they seem to have.Based on the wikipedia article the game will been have been in development less than two years before it comes out in the fall.

Link Wikipedia article of TMNT

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
theprof00 said:
I'm not being unreasonable man. You said my point was not valid until BG&E 2 comes to the wii.
I find that insulting and next time I will simply report you. good day.

Bullshit. I did not claim your point was invalid. Stop putting words in my mouth. The words "fair" and "trade" have NOTHING to do with your other points.

"When BG&E is on the Wii, then we can talk"

explain this response then lord. What ARE you saying?

Okay, I wrote that in haste. I'll put it this way: Sure this game could sell well on the HD systems. But it would be fair to give the Wii something in return. How about BG&E2, since the first one was on all three systems.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@ex
That's possible. THough they never mentioned it, I think that's the real reason too.
It's too bad, because it would do really well on 360 too.

Exblackman said:

There are many reasons for why this game is not multiplat.One reason could be Game Freaks took the cheap way out and just reused Smash bros. Engine which is owned by Nintendo.This to me is the most likely scenario sincethis TMNT game seems too identical and somewhat quick development time they seem to have.Based on the wikipedia article the game will been have been in development less than two years before it comes out in the fall.

Link Wikipedia article of TMNT

Actually this game has been in development for over a year by the time it releases, even the first screens looked really nice, so it'd probably been a while and if they used the same engine it would be much more polished then Brawl, but I'm not sure if it's the same engine or not to be honest.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

LordTheNightKnight said:

Okay, I wrote that in haste. I'll put it this way: Sure this game could sell well on the HD systems. But it would be fair to give the Wii something in return. How about BG&E2, since the first one was on all three systems.

I'm glad we finally see eye to eye.

I agree that BG&E2 should be on all system as it was in the last gen. It was very highly rated and respected and..innovative as well, something that would seem like a natural fit on the wii. In fact, it's a very stupid thing considering the "camera" control would have been so easy with a wiimote last gen. Instead, it ended up slowing down the gameplay. I agree that it could only be improved by being on the wii.

However, TMNT is also a natural fit on any system, no matter what genre it falls into.

In summation, this is just another stupid Ubisoft decision.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

I'm glad we finally see eye to eye.

I agree that BG&E2 should be on all system as it was in the last gen. It was very highly rated and respected and..innovative as well, something that would seem like a natural fit on the wii. In fact, it's a very stupid thing considering the "camera" control would have been so easy with a wiimote last gen. Instead, it ended up slowing down the gameplay. I agree that it could only be improved by being on the wii.

However, TMNT is also a natural fit on any system, no matter what genre it falls into.

In summation, this is just another stupid Ubisoft decision.

We already did. We just didn't realize it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I want this so bad.....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I have to agree more games should go multiplaform. Personally most 3rd party games should be multiplat while first party games should be the deciding factor on what console penetrates consumers wallets.

Anyways I'm looking forward to this game. Leo > Mario in terms of fighting games. I'm a little disappointed by the game play though. It seems a little too much Smash. Reusing the engine would be fine, but it seems that a TMNT game would be better with a little more complicated maneuvers. Marth counter was a good example, but also some psuedo vs mini games.

Mutual knock backs on heavy attacks

Strength of might, first person to reach 5 buttons quickly

Counter, counter. Countering after getting countered as in Marths counter

Throw reversal, pressing the opposite or complimentary throw direction. Yes both players continuing to throw reverse could end up having both players falling off the side, but that's TMNT isn't it?

Reverse throw, Spider Man Web of Shadows type where when thrown you can do something to get back in close. Character dependent, most should land or skid to a halt.

Lots of air throws, it's very TMNT. Plus mix it up with throw reversal and throw counter you could get some epic air fights.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

@jay
yeah, if it's going to be TMNT it should be f*ckin ninja.