By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mad world receives $20 price cut

ymeaga1n said:
rover said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
That doesn't necessarily mean it flopped, though.

Of course, dropping $20 within the first couple on months means: "It's a HIT!  We just don't need that much money!"

HAHAHAH! WIN!!

No, a strawman argument is never a win.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
ymeaga1n said:
rover said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Of course, dropping $20 within the first couple on months means: "It's a HIT!  We just don't need that much money!"

HAHAHAH! WIN!!

Yeah, I could write an encyclopedia of all the fallacies on vgchartz. But from the standpoint of comedy it was pretty good :).

ymeaga1n said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ymeaga1n said:
rover said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

HAHAHAH! WIN!!

Yeah, I could write an encyclopedia of all the fallacies on vgchartz. But from the standpoint of comedy it was pretty good :).

Still, I didn't imply anything like that.

Also, this has still outsold any of Clover's games, save for Okami.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

You could find one below 20 pounds for weeks already in UK.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

SaviorX said:
..............some games don't sell enough to even get a price drop. Castlevania Judgment is still $49.99 at GameStop.

MadWorld getting a price drop is a good idea. I would get it at $22 (thats my limit). $29.99 is something most (working) gamers cannot argue with.

castelvania is 30€ in europe, from the biginning

madworld was at 65€ (75$...)

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:

Still, I didn't imply anything like that.

Also, this has still outsold any of Clover's games, save for Okami.

Do we have numbers on God Hand's sales worldwide? Or Viewtiful Joe's?

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

I'll repeat, the game is still 50 at gamestop, there hasn't been a price drop in the US
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=mad%20world

Once again, Madworld is still at full price, the price drop, and this thread, are pure skullduggery

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to add perspective here, Gears Of War 2 has dropped to half price in the UK inside of 6 months. When you consider that the game must have sold to at least Epic's base expectations then it doesn't always follow that a price cut is a sign of failure.

I do think Madworld hasn't sold as much as Sega would have liked though personally so it could very well be the reason in this instance. I'll defend my opinion though by stating only the Sega directors know if the title has been a success for them.

masschamber said:
I'll repeat, the game is still 50 at gamestop, there hasn't been a price drop in the US
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=mad%20world

Once again, Madworld is still at full price, the price drop, and this thread, are pure skullduggery

At everyGameStop in my area it dropped to $29.99 last week and is still at that pricepoint. Though after reading your post, I did call and ask a clerk, who said it was "The Deal of the Week", whatever that means. I thinks it's just a sale. It makes no sense that the web page shows $50 though, it is 30 nationwide this week. Maybe it's instore only.  

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Why is it still listed at $49.99 on their website?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)