By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mad world receives $20 price cut

LordTheNightKnight said:
That doesn't necessarily mean it flopped, though.

My my.  First the Factor 5 story and now this.  Someone is feeling very defensive lately.

Around the Network
loy310 said:
Port madworld to the PS2 and watch the money pile up, PS2 gamers are starving.

Okami and God hand.

Same developers same basic results in sales.

Hopefully it will help boost sales.

xlost8 said:
$40 for a 6 or so hour game? I will still wait for the $20 price point that seems to fit that game perfectly!

it's 30, very few Wii games start at 60 bucks.

Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
That doesn't necessarily mean it flopped, though.

My my.  First the Factor 5 story and now this.  Someone is feeling very defensive lately.

Why are you assming pointing out something is defensive? I'm making sure all the facts are clear. That's reason enforcing, not defensiveness.

Besides, I don't even plan on getting the game (just not my thing).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
loy310 said:
NJ5 said:
loy310 said:
Port madworld to the PS2 and watch the money pile up, PS2 gamers are starving.

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=868&region=All

Same developer, same genre... It flopped.

LOL, eh it's still worth a shot.

<.< that chart has Japan sales only. With Americas/Others taken into account it may have sold up to 500k. Definately not a flop.

Bad example to show what a "flop" it was given that its missing 2/3 the data.

I think $30 is a great pricepoint for this game....

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
tastyshovelware said:
Chrizum said:
tastyshovelware said:
I didn't say it flopped, just that a game that is selling up to expectations doesn't see a price drop within 6 months, let alone 2.

I have never, and I mean never, seen a third party game (on any console) retain it's original price 6 months after release. 90% of all third party games have price cuts within 3 months (at least where I live).

MadWorld is a low budget and short game. It should have been budget-priced from the start.

Noted.

However, just some perspective: CoD: World at War, Sonic and Mario at the Olympics, House of the Dead Overkill, Sonic and the Black Knight, Deadly Creatures, Star Wars: Lightsaber Deul, tiger woods 09, fallout 3, street fighter 4, tales of vesperia, 50 cent: blood in the sand.... etc. all came out before madworld. several of the games even came out in the fall and they are all still at full price.

Also, I wouldn't say Madworld is low budget. Unless, of course, you think all games that take under 6 hours to beat are low budget. In which case, I guess ICO and Mirror's Edge are low budget too. 

Then you probably haven't played the game. The most expensive thing about MadWorld is probably the commentators.

Well, this should definitely help sales, I'd guess a lot of people found it too expensive a game for the amount of time they'd get out of it.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

That is tempting but the next game i get will be The Conduit.

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi