By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mad world receives $20 price cut

For all the debate about how Sega feels about the sales of mad world, the sudden price cut slimming the cost to purchase the title down to $30 after just 2 months on the market should be a pretty clear indicator that things have not gone according to plan.

The price should be effective as of today at your local game stop. 

Around the Network

That doesn't necessarily mean it flopped, though.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I didn't say it flopped, just that a game that is selling up to expectations doesn't see a price drop within 6 months, let alone 2.

tastyshovelware said:
I didn't say it flopped, just that a game that is selling up to expectations doesn't see a price drop within 6 months, let alone 2.

I have never, and I mean never, seen a third party game (on any console) retain it's original price 6 months after release. 90% of all third party games have price cuts within 3 months (at least where I live).

MadWorld is a low budget and short game. It should have been budget-priced from the start.

..............some games don't sell enough to even get a price drop. Castlevania Judgment is still $49.99 at GameStop.

MadWorld getting a price drop is a good idea. I would get it at $22 (thats my limit). $29.99 is something most (working) gamers cannot argue with.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Where is the article about the price cut? It's still full price over here.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Port madworld to the PS2 and watch the money pile up, PS2 gamers are starving.

loy310 said:
Port madworld to the PS2 and watch the money pile up, PS2 gamers are starving.

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=868&region=All

Same developer, same genre... It flopped.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

still 49.99 at gamestop, target, walmart, toysrus, and best buy so where did you see this price drop, are you sure it wasn't a local sale? remember a few weeks ago when gta cw was on sale for 20 at best buy and people were proclaiming it as a price drop, well it is 35 again, a sale is not a price drop or clearance

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It might be marked $49.99 at Gamestop, but it rings up at $29.99. Confirmed and purchased :)

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709