By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 Details Leaked

^ i think hes just going about explaining it wrong :P IMO the best part about CoD4 is the multiplayer and if u like the singleplayer u should try the multiplayer :) if not that thats ur choise too

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Pyramid Head said:
Dallinor said:
Pyramid Head said:
twesterm said:
Pyramid Head said:
jonnhytesta said:
"No co-op in story mode,"
hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah
and people complain about kz2. now what

i dont know anyone on earth waiting for the single player mode

im not sure i will even play it

cod should be online only, no one plays single player, and if they do they kind of are missing the point

::raises hand::

I play games for the single player only, in fact, I'm playing CoD4 for the single player only at the moment and don't even plan to look at the multipler.

Stop assuming every game needs co-op or do you think games weren't fun before 2000?

youre missing out on the best game experience ive had in years

multiplayer or not, their online mode is the shit end of story, and 8 million players cant be wrong

the sp is fun, but do yourself a favour and dont miss out

The best experience you have had in years.

No need to shove your opinion down other peoples throats.

Personally I enjoyed the campaign in COD4 and I loved going back and playing parts of the single-player with some of the cheats on, like slo-motion.

I'll be playing through the campaign in MW2 and going online. The best of both worlds in my opinion.

shoving it down his throat?

dont seem that way to me

you even said youre playing both, so did i.  he didnt bother with online, im telling him hes nuts

in my and most opinions cod 4 is ONLINE joy.  to not experience that is like having a wii and not using motion controls ever, totally missing the point.

im not backing off this either.  not even trying cod 4 online is MENTAL.  not trying to shove down anyones throat, but dont miss out for gods sake.

when MW2 comes out, why not hang out at a store and ask the people who buy it if they'll be going online.  i think you'll find EVERYONE is.

Why am I nuts?  I DO NOT like multiplayer.  There are the rare exceptions like Left4Dead and Tetris DS, but for the most part I hate multiplayer and I hate online multiplayer even more.

Well thats fair enough. They were just saying to give it a go. If this is the xbox verisonhe might not have Live so that might not be possible.

anyway. Just because most people prefer the online doesnt mean everyone does. There are still alot of people who dont play online because they dont find it fun. Theres no problem with this is there?

Pyramid Head said:
Dallinor said:
Pyramid Head said:
twesterm said:
Pyramid Head said:
jonnhytesta said:

cod should be online only, no one plays single player, and if they do they kind of are missing the point

::raises hand::

I play games for the single player only, in fact, I'm playing CoD4 for the single player only at the moment and don't even plan to look at the multipler.

Stop assuming every game needs co-op or do you think games weren't fun before 2000?

youre missing out on the best game experience ive had in years

multiplayer or not, their online mode is the shit end of story, and 8 million players cant be wrong

the sp is fun, but do yourself a favour and dont miss out

The best experience you have had in years.

No need to shove your opinion down other peoples throats.

Personally I enjoyed the campaign in COD4 and I loved going back and playing parts of the single-player with some of the cheats on, like slo-motion.

I'll be playing through the campaign in MW2 and going online. The best of both worlds in my opinion.

shoving it down his throat?

dont seem that way to me

you even said youre playing both, so did i.  he didnt bother with online, im telling him hes nuts

in my and most opinions cod 4 is ONLINE joy.  to not experience that is like having a wii and not using motion controls ever, totally missing the point.

im not backing off this either.  not even trying cod 4 online is MENTAL.  not trying to shove down anyones throat, but dont miss out for gods sake.

when MW2 comes out, why not hang out at a store and ask the people who buy it if they'll be going online.  i think you'll find EVERYONE is.

Yes, the vast majority of players will probably be going online.

This does not make the players who don't go online 'nuts'.

I play Halo 3 online, but I've only scratched the surface of the campaign because I have no interest in it. I can still respect that some people absolutely love the campaign mode though, and have no interest in going online.

I actually said I'm playing both, while you said "I don't know anyone on earth waiting for the singleplayer mode...I'm not even sure I will play it."

Am I missing the point of the game by not playing the single-player in Halo? I don't think so. Just as I don't think a player who plays COD only for the singleplayer is 'missing the point'.

It's a question of tastes and preferences.

I appreciate you're enthusiastic about the game, and would like to encourage others to go online because you obviously like it a great deal, but not everyone shares the same enthusiasm and viewpoint as you do.

Pyramid Head said:
jonnhytesta said:

Dude, get a grip.

salaminizer said:

- Infinity Ward’s working on fixing enemy respawn issues (CoD4’s enemies would constantly respawn unless a player crossed a certain line).

must be tough to implement some AI after all these years!

but it sounds cool, except there are no details about multiplayer and that's the big selling point IMO

I second that...

The whole time i was reading i said: "ok cool...now what about multiplayer"  lol, i'm dissapointed @ the lack of info

Around the Network
FootballFan said:
twesterm said:

Why am I nuts?  I DO NOT like multiplayer.  There are the rare exceptions like Left4Dead and Tetris DS, but for the most part I hate multiplayer and I hate online multiplayer even more.

Well thats fair enough. They were just saying to give it a go. If this is the xbox verisonhe might not have Live so that might not be possible.

anyway. Just because most people prefer the online doesnt mean everyone does. There are still alot of people who dont play online because they dont find it fun. Theres no problem with this is there?

Strangely enough, I have a Live subscription even though I barely use it.  I play a lot of Tetris Splash on it and Left4Dead.  Other than, I've played the occasional Halo 3 match, Shadowrun, and dabbled in Fable 2 multiplayer but really haven't used it much.

At least I use Netflix.  :-p

-edit-

Also, I just like having the option of going Live and playing multiplayer if I want to.  I know I have that small list up there, but I've dabbled in other multiplayer games over Live, just they aren't for me for the most part.

Even with something like Gears Horde mode, I liked it, but after one session I was done with it.

Dallinor said:

Yes, the vast majority of players will probably be going online.

This does not make the players who don't go online 'nuts'.

I play Halo 3 online, but I've only scratched the surface of the campaign because I have no interest in it. I can still respect that some people absolutely love the campaign mode though, and have no interest in going online.

I actually said I'm playing both, while you said "I don't know anyone on earth waiting for the singleplayer mode...I'm not even sure I will play it."

Am I missing the point of the game by not playing the single-player in Halo? I don't think so. Just as I don't think a player who plays COD only for the singleplayer is 'missing the point'.

It's a question of tastes and preferences.

I appreciate you're enthusiastic about the game, and would like to encourage others to go online because you obviously like it a great deal, but not everyone shares the same enthusiasm and viewpoint as you do.

Yes, that is my point, well that and the people that say no co-op no buy bother me as much as South Dakota bothers me (that's a lot). 

Different players have different gaming styles and some players just don't want to play online all the time.  Personally, when I play with people I like being in the same room as them or at the very least personally know who I'm playing with.

And just another point on co-op, I just don't like it. At all.

I play games very slowly because I generally like to look at every nook and cranny and sometimes like to just try really stupid things and see what happens. Sometimes I like to take really times on fights because I want to see how they did things, and sometimes I want to blaze through a fight to see what they do in that case.

In general, I don't think people would want to play with that and in general, I wouldn't want to play with that because I know if it were a case where I didn't want to stop and take in the scene and the other player wanted to look at every nook and cranny, I would not be able to be more annoyed.

sounds like some good improvements over CoD4, an amazing game. Hopefully its Modern Warfare 2 and not Modern Warfare 1.5 though.

I have never played the cod4 single player
only online. They need to give info on the online and map details