By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 Details Leaked

twesterm said:
Dallinor said:

Yes, the vast majority of players will probably be going online.

This does not make the players who don't go online 'nuts'.

I play Halo 3 online, but I've only scratched the surface of the campaign because I have no interest in it. I can still respect that some people absolutely love the campaign mode though, and have no interest in going online.

I actually said I'm playing both, while you said "I don't know anyone on earth waiting for the singleplayer mode...I'm not even sure I will play it."

Am I missing the point of the game by not playing the single-player in Halo? I don't think so. Just as I don't think a player who plays COD only for the singleplayer is 'missing the point'.

It's a question of tastes and preferences.

I appreciate you're enthusiastic about the game, and would like to encourage others to go online because you obviously like it a great deal, but not everyone shares the same enthusiasm and viewpoint as you do.

Yes, that is my point, well that and the people that say no co-op no buy bother me as much as South Dakota bothers me (that's a lot). 

Different players have different gaming styles and some players just don't want to play online all the time.  Personally, when I play with people I like being in the same room as them or at the very least personally know who I'm playing with.

Hold up, did you just say that people who are "co-op or no buy" bother you?

Isn't that kind of the same thing as you bothering Pyramid Head for not wanting to play online? I must have misinterpreted your co-op part, because the rest of your posts seem to be suggesting that everyone should play and like the game for their own reasons, which I agree with.

I'm one of the people who is not buying Modern Warfare 2 just because of the no co-op. It's a big deal to me and my brother.

Around the Network

Respawning enemies was probably the most terrible design error in CoD4. I can't believe how they actually decided to put it in. Just terrible. Respawning enemies are almost without exception pretty bad.

Anyway, apart from that, doesn't sound like anything special. Then again, CoD4 wasn't that special either.

i saw a short commercial for MF2 while watching basketball.

wfz said:
twesterm said:
Dallinor said:

I play Halo 3 online, but I've only scratched the surface of the campaign because I have no interest in it. I can still respect that some people absolutely love the campaign mode though, and have no interest in going online.

I actually said I'm playing both, while you said "I don't know anyone on earth waiting for the singleplayer mode...I'm not even sure I will play it."

Am I missing the point of the game by not playing the single-player in Halo? I don't think so. Just as I don't think a player who plays COD only for the singleplayer is 'missing the point'.

I appreciate you're enthusiastic about the game, and would like to encourage others to go online because you obviously like it a great deal, but not everyone shares the same enthusiasm and viewpoint as you do.

Yes, that is my point, well that and the people that say no co-op no buy bother me as much as South Dakota bothers me (that's a lot). 

Different players have different gaming styles and some players just don't want to play online all the time.  Personally, when I play with people I like being in the same room as them or at the very least personally know who I'm playing with.

Isn't that kind of the same thing as you bothering Pyramid Head for not wanting to play online? I must have misinterpreted your co-op part, because the rest of your posts seem to be suggesting that everyone should play and like the game for their own reasons, which I agree with.

I'm one of the people who is not buying Modern Warfare 2 just because of the no co-op. It's a big deal to me and my brother.

Yes, people that say "no co-op, no buy" bother me.  I'm not saying they should enjoy single player games, it just bothers me that they think everything should have co-op and if it doesn't it obviously cannot be worth their money or time.

Because of that attitude we get things like Resident Evil 5 which isn't a horrible game, but it isn't a survival horror.  Publishers know those no co-op, no buy people exist so they put every ounce of pressure they can to force the developer to put co-op into games that don't need them and in games like Resident Evil 5's case, ruin them.

Everything sounds good to me.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
twesterm said:
wfz said:
twesterm said:
Dallinor said:

Yes, people that say "no co-op, no buy" bother me.  I'm not saying they should enjoy single player games, it just bothers me that they think everything should have co-op and if it doesn't it obviously cannot be worth their money or time.

Because of that attitude we get things like Resident Evil 5 which isn't a horrible game, but it isn't a survival horror.  Publishers know those no co-op, no buy people exist so they put every ounce of pressure they can to force the developer to put co-op into games that don't need them and in games like Resident Evil 5's case, ruin them.

If co-op is the deciding factor for some people, then it only makes sense that the game will need to have co-op or they won't want it, right?

I think that what bothers you is not the option of having co-op, but the necessity of it? I hated the mandatory co-op in RE5. I just like having co-op in JRPG games and FPS games.

Right? People have different things in gaming that they like, and that shouldn't bother you. What I can see legitimately bothering you is if the parts of gaming you enjoy are being hampered by developers.

Not sure if I'm explaining it entirely well, but I have to head to class. :P

Sounds interesting.

Edited OP to include the screen shots from the link source

salaminizer said:

- Infinity Ward’s working on fixing enemy respawn issues (CoD4’s enemies would constantly respawn unless a player crossed a certain line).

must be tough to implement some AI after all these years!

but it sounds cool, except there are no details about multiplayer and that's the big selling point IMO

Infinite respawning enemies get really annoying on veteran. It would be a whoole lot easier if you could clear out an area and then move forward.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

antfromtashkent said:
^ i think hes just going about explaining it wrong :P IMO the best part about CoD4 is the multiplayer and if u like the singleplayer u should try the multiplayer :) if not that thats ur choise too

I think the singleplayer of cod 4 and 5 are both better than their multiplayer counterparts.

I really liked cod 1 multiplayer though.

Check out my game about moles ^