By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 Details Leaked

http://www.gossipgamers.com/modern-warfare-2-details-leaked/

Many new key details have been emerging about the hottest upcoming shooter Modern Warefare 2 courtesy of the next issue of Game Informer.

Some of these details that were leaked:

• No co-op in story mode, but separate missions reminiscent of CoD4’s Mile High Club include cooperative multiplayer.
  • In the wintery bits of the game, snowmobiles will be used to escape attack, but it’s unclear whether players will be driving or shooting from the vehicles. Ice walls can also be climbed by alternating between the two triggers.
  • A live-patching system will be implemented for online multiplayer, forgoing the need for a downloadable patch.
  • Game will run at 60 frames-per-second, with better detail than CoD4.
  • Riot shields, movable turrets and customized weapons for single-player enemies were mentioned.
  • Gameplay’s a bit more open-ended than CoD4 but is still linear.
  • Stealth can now be used if you like.
  • Infinity Ward’s working on fixing enemy respawn issues (CoD4’s enemies would constantly respawn unless a player crossed a certain line).
  • The single-player campaign will be longer than it was in CoD4.

Also according to PSM3, a UK based magazine:

• Swimming mode enabled.
  • A ‘Stealthy’ Oil pipeline Scuba Mission will be included in campaign mode.
  • A level will definetly be based in Rio De Janeiro.
  • Siberian Level will feature in campaign mode.
  • Vehicles (e.g. Trucks, Tanks etc.) will be introduced into the Modern Era.
  • A ‘Helicopter Based’ Level will be featured.
  • An Oil Tanker level will also be featured.
  • Ken Lally (Wesker from Resident Evil 5) will be voice acting. Most likely as a Russian villain.

Around the Network

- Infinity Ward’s working on fixing enemy respawn issues (CoD4’s enemies would constantly respawn unless a player crossed a certain line).

must be tough to implement some AI after all these years!

but it sounds cool, except there are no details about multiplayer and that's the big selling point IMO

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

"No co-op in story mode,"
hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah
and people complain about kz2. now what

jonnhytesta said:

No co-op in story mode, but separate missions reminiscent of CoD4’s Mile High Club include cooperative multiplayer.

So there will be some co-op missions. They just didn't feel that they could do the co-op in the normal story mode since they felt that it wouldn't give the experience it should be.

jonnhytesta said:

i dont know anyone on earth waiting for the single player mode

im not sure i will even play it

cod should be online only, no one plays single player, and if they do they kind of are missing the point

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network
Pyramid Head said:
jonnhytesta said:

cod should be online only, no one plays single player, and if they do they kind of are missing the point

I am,  I am only buying it for single player.   My online fix will be satisfied by MAG.

OT:  I saw a small trailer on Gametrailers and they showed some of the new weapons in the game.   Glock 22, Steyr AUG, AK-103 and the Colt AR-15.   This game will be sweet.

Pyramid Head said:
jonnhytesta said:

::raises hand::

I play games for the single player only, in fact, I'm playing CoD4 for the single player only at the moment and don't even plan to look at the multipler.

Stop assuming every game needs co-op or do you think games weren't fun before 2000?

jonnhytesta said:

Now there's another game to complain about. And both Halo and Gears will be even more praised for their offline coop.

aha ha hahahhah ahah a aha haha ahahahahhahahahahahaha... cough!

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

A Russian villain? Wow! How do they come up with this stuff?

twesterm said:
Pyramid Head said:
jonnhytesta said:

::raises hand::

I play games for the single player only, in fact, I'm playing CoD4 for the single player only at the moment and don't even plan to look at the multipler.

Stop assuming every game needs co-op or do you think games weren't fun before 2000?

i don't think jonnhy is assuming every game needs co-op, i think he's making a dig at the 3-4 members of this forum that took every chance they could to say KZ2 fails as a game because it didn't include story mode co-op like a certain halo franchise you may have heard of. 

it's just console wars flaming, ignoring it is really the best approach.